- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a highly motivated and dynamic nursing candidate with a PhD-degree, and a special interest in epidemiology and register based research? If so, you might be the one we are looking for to fill in a 2-year postdoc position in relation to a study encompassing mental health in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
Employment will be at the Department of Rheumatology, Aarhus University Hospital or Center for Rheumatology and Spine Diseases, Rigshospitalet-Glostrup, depending on preference of the successful applicants. The employment will include worktime at the two involved hospitals and the applicant must expect travel time to be included in the function.
In Denmark, approximately 80,000 people have inflammatory arthritis (IA) (50,000 with Rheumatoid Arthritis and 30,000 with Psoriatic Arthritis or axial Spondyloarthropathy). An increased risk of psychomorbidity, especially depression and anxiety has been observed in IA and appear to be associated with suboptimal self-management abilities. Disease related as well as socio-economic status and psychosocial factors seem to play a role. In this study, we aim to investigate the pathway between psychomorbidity and self-management. In addition, we want to explore the extent to which disease related factors, socio-economic status, social support and loneliness interact with these pathways.
The study encompasses two sub-studies:
- A register-based cross-sectional study within the national clinical quality database, DANBIO, to evaluate the association between psychomorbidity and self-management in patients with IA, and the extent to which disease related factors, socio-economic factors, and social support and loneliness, interact with this association.
- A qualitative study, to explore the perspectives on psychomorbidity and self-management ability in a selected group of patients, with high levels of depression and anxiety.
Our group and research
The study is part of the TASEMA project (TArgeted SElf-MAnagement in patients with inflammatory Arthritis) funded by the Novo Nordisk foundation 2020-2025. The steering group for TASEMA encompass Professor, RN, Bente Appel Esbensen (chair and head of programme manager); Professor, MD, Mikkel Østergaard; Associate professor, RN, Annette de Thurah, Associate professor, Psychologist, Julie Midtgaard; Associate professor, PT, Mette Aadahl and Professor, RN, Jette Primdahl.
The candidate will be supervised by the research group, and by persons with relevant competencies in relation to the methods and concepts applied. Associate professor, RN Annette de Thurah, Department of Rheumatology, Aarhus University Hospital, will be the overall responsible supervisor for the project. The successful applicant will be part of an established research group at the two involved hospitals.
Start: 1st September 2020or after agreement
Duration: 2 years full time as Postdoc
The key tasks as a postdoc are:
- Carry through an independent research project under supervision
- Participate in the development of rheumatology nursing including multidisciplinary and international collaboration
- Communication and dissemination of own research in scientific papers and presentations
- Apply for further funding Qualification requirements
- Applicants must be a nurse with qualifications corresponding to a master’s degree (nursing, health science, MPH or another relevant area), and an acquired PhD degree. Previous knowledge within rheumatology is not a mandatory condition.
- Documented ability to publish scientific publications
- Relevant work experience, including teaching and development of clinical practice
- Curious mind-set with a strong interest in research and clinical practice
- Excellent skills in epidemiological methods
- Excellent Danish and English language skills
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary project team
- Interested in participation in networks – national and international Further information
For specific information, please contact Associate Professor Annette de Thurah email@example.com, mobile 29120722 or Professor Bente Appel Esbensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 24412490
The application must include the following documents in PDF format:
1. Motivational letter of application (max. one page)
About the company