- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Title: Account Manager, South East Asia
Business/Function :Additive and Functional Product, Tire Additives
The incumbent shallservice key transplant tire plants,local Thai tire companies and other tire companies located in SEA region (Vietnam, Philippine, Indonesia and Malaysia). He/she shall build relationships with target customers, position Eastman and our value proposition to drive the growth of our market share. The incumbent shall also meet with the customers at plant level to gather information and communicate this back to the Key Account Managers who manage the relationship with customer corporate HQ.
- Through customer call, understand how our offering is different (or the same) vs. next best alternative. Develop a great view on the next best alternative on the plant level and communicate this view to the Account Managers who manage the relationship with customer corporate headquarters.
- Grow market share by finding ‘pain point’ in customer’s organization, position Eastman and product value proposition to solve this pain point that result in win/win scenario for both customer and Eastman.
- Maintain a monthly, quarterly, annual and rolling 24 month forecast supported by key assumptions pertaining to market trend and drivers, our customer’s strategies and plans and competitive behavior
- Build working relationship with target customers in their procurement, technical, plant and warehouse/logistic organization. Develop strong coaches within customer’s organization to allow better chance to penetrate customers to better service our tire customers in the region.
- Implement selling strategies and tactics that align and support our product and market activation strategies for Tire Additives team within AFP
- Manage all new sales opportunities through OM Funnel tool in Salesforce and
- Work with Technical Service Application Development team (TSAD), Supply Chain and Customer Service team to successfully resolve and close all customer complaints
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Good English (spoken and written), Thai local language andMandarin Chineseis a must (Japanese is optional).
- Bachelor or Master degree, some level of formal education in Chemistry or Polymer Science is an advantage
- Existing business relationship with key tire transplant plants is desirable.
- Strong relating skill: Ability to develop and maintain trusting, collaborative and effective professional relationships with both customer’s organization and within Eastman.
- Results oriented: well organized, independent and self-motivated, pro-active, “can do” attitude who is strongly driven to achieve targets and grow the business
- Strong execution capability: ability to follow through on a set strategy and adaptable enough to review and adjust based on new information. Hunter mentality
- Strong team player: good interpersonal, listening and communication skills both verbal and written; versatile in ability to manage conflicts to a successful and long-term resolution
- Adaptable: willingness to try new ideas and approaches to improve business results, willing to follow Eastman process
- Comfortable working across different cultural environments
70% Travel requirement. Mostly in Thailand and SE Asia (Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippine, Malaysia). Some international travel is required within Asia Pacific and attending global meeting on as needed basis.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.