- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG International Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
Your contribution at AIG
The ideal candidate will be a professional with a concrete background in quantitative analytics and an interest in financial engineering and general insurance:
- Participating in the entire process of quarterly reserve valuation, including data reconciliation and analysis, setting up models, producing results and dealing with various related analysis requests
- Under limited supervision, applying appropriate analytical tools to the data and performing actuarial analysis
- Analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations based on data analysis
- Maintaining and creating standard and ad hoc reports
What we are looking for
- 0-2 years' working experience in financial services industry, preferably with experience at property/casualty insurance companies, accounting firms, or related consulting firms
- Excellent analytical skill, good computer skills (Microsoft Excel / VBA /ResQ etc.). Statistics/Actuarial modeling software experience recommended
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Mandarin and in English, oversea exposure preferred
- Strong sense of responsibility, good communication skill, willing to learn
- Progress in attaining one of the actuarial professional designations: Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society / Institute and Faculty of Actuaries/ Society or equivalent actuary’s qualifications in other countries
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.