- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Shared Services (M) Sdn Bhd
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of the job is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned claims by collecting and analyzing data according to policy application and/or contract provisions. Determine whether to accept or deny a claim based on all documentation received. Typical claims include: liability and low complexity coverage issue disputes. This person is also required to attend inbound and outbound calls.
Key Relationships: Direct reporting line to Team Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing acceptable investigation claims handling and settlement techniques that achieve cost effective and timely closure results by obtaining, reviewing and analyzing documentation, policy provisions and other records. May require additional contact with other parties (i.e. employer, claimants, third parties such as medical providers, auto repair centers, etc.) as deemed necessary
- Utilizes diary system to pro-actively resolve outstanding issues and to ensure timely processing and closure of claim
- Providing timely service throughout the life of the claim by meeting all service level agreements, initiating timely contact to all appropriate parties, responding to incoming inquires according to company policies, following agreed internal and external processes, policies and procedures to ensure quality and service standards are met. This includes all forms of communications to internal and external parties
- Maintaining accurate system data and documentation by collecting, recording, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Determining and timely sets appropriate reserves within authority level
- Identifying subrogation opportunities and fraud potential and make appropriate referrals
- Providing mentorship to less tenured examiner
- Singapore College of Insurance - Certified In General Insurance and/or Health Insurance and/or Professional Qualification in Malaysian Insurance Institute - Certificate of Insurance Practise/Diploma in Insurance/AMII/FMII or will need to sit in for certification in Singapore.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Requires proficiency in Desk Management, phone ‘etiquette’ , time management and dealing with difficult customers
- Computer literate; experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be willing to work during Malysia public holiday and perform overtime as and when required due to business requirements.
- Work 8.30am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri) and absorb Singapore Public Holiday,
- Based in PFCC, Puchong
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.