- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We're looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated, sales-minded individuals to join our internal sales team. This Admissions Opener is the first point of contact for all prospective students and is the first impression of our global brand. Our process is highly conversational and consultative, requiring someone that is quick on their feet and driven by a passion for helping others. This entry-level position is a great launching point into the Admissions team at General Assembly. There's no better way to learn about our business than to speak with potential students and help them navigate a major, life-changing decision to further their education.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Serving as the first point of contact for students interested in General Assembly to understand their interest and ensure they are pointed in the right direction
- Responding rapidly to all student inquiries - the best time to reach students is the moment they tell us they are interested
- Outbound dials to interested students that filled out requests for more information
- Respond to inbound emails from interested students
- Maintaining an upbeat, personable attitude and creating a helpful experience for all potential students, while speaking with a high volume of students each day
- Routing potential students to appropriate Admissions team members, documenting student information in our internal database
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise, going back to school is a serious decision and students often need help navigating their path
- Assisting current and prospective students with questions about General Assembly and upcoming workshops, courses and immersive opportunities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 0-2+ years experience in customer service or sales position is preferred
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills ? you never shy away from a conversation
- You are passionate about education, technology and the GA mission - empowering students to pursue the work they love!
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- Great work ethic
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Great Active Listening Skills
- Competency with Salesforce ideal (or other CRM systems)
- Written and verbal communication
- Timely decision-making
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- customer service
About the company
We are a professional recruiting and consulting firm that focuses on connecting organizations with their perfect candidates, and candidates with their perfect organizations.
We offer professional staffing services including direct hire, temporary-to-hire and temporary, as well as HR solutions. Our goal is to support you in your staffing and HR needs by providing quality, honest, dedicated service.