- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You’ll Do
· You will work alongside other members of the team and will be responsible for supporting the sale, delivery and management of security, risk and compliance services.
· You will provide Security Operation Center consultancy, information security, risk management, or compliance consulting services to Cisco clients. Guiding, advising and design solutions that fit their business and technical requirements.
· You will lead consulting teams in one or more key service areas, monitoring and mentoring junior consultants as appropriate. This includes a strong focus on successful execution of complex projects lasting 3 – 9 months
· You will be highly visible as the potential lead consultant in sales endeavors, to support the development of proposals and scope engagements and statements of work, effectively translating customer requirements into an engagement to meet those needs and customer presentation alongside with the business development team.
· You will translate business, industry, and regulatory requirements into information security objectives and initiatives
· You will represent Cisco at conferences, forums and exhibitions (both internal and external) through presentations, blogs and other materials
Who You’ll Work With
Security Advisory Consultant will work within the Security Advisory and Integration team to support growth across EMEAR and will provide a range of consulting services. Focused on SoC strategy, Design and implementation, Consultancy and Assessment type projects (as opposed to incident response which are fulfilled by other teams within Security Advisory), the team provides critical support to clients, setting the strategic direction of organizations with regards all matters relating to information security as well as integrating with broader Cisco endeavors to provide thought leadership from a business focused information security perspective.
Who You Are
· You have more than 10 years of in-depth information security and/or risk management experience with specific focus on two or more of the following:
o Information Risk Management
o Incident response planning
o Application security & secure SDLC
o Compliance management
o Identify and access management
o Security architecture
· You have excellent level English language skills, spoken and written in both cases. Candidate are expected to speak other languages widely spoken in EMEAR.
· This role is aligned to Middle East and Africa, with expanded responsibilities across EMEAR. Candidate should be prepared for up to 60% travel, over the course of the year, away from their home location. However, all reasonable efforts are made to execute projects in the home country.
· There is a support network of security staff in most locales, and an extended team of over 100 personnel in EMEAR, therefore the ability to self-start, work without continual oversight and a pro-active attitude to pooling resources is absolutely key.
Candidates showing experience in the some or all of the following areas would be put at a distinct advantage.
· A history of working in a security architecture role would be beneficial; building networks from a blank sheet of paper in-line with business requirements, knowledge of commonly deployed technologies and how to integrate them, etc. Knowledge of software defined architecture would be especially beneficial.
· Senior level SOC experience is required, including architecting and operating such facilities.
· A willingness to, and aptitude for, technically managing a team of consultants at a future date.
· Whilst consideration would be given to operational staff transitioning to a consultancy role, significant experience of operating in competitor consultancies would be beneficial as this provides the quickest integration.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.