- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Please discuss your availability and your desire to post for this position with your supervision before posting.You must have permission from Department management (Area Manager, Department Superintendent) to be considered.
Alternate Methods of Supply Representative
As a part of Eastman’s Global Procurement organization, the Alternate Methods of Supply (AMS) Representative plays a crucial role to support Eastman Businesses on a daily basis by managing all AMS agreements within SAP. This position works between Eastman Supply Chain, Logistics and Businesses and external partners for the daily management of manufacturing services by other companies for Eastman, the conversion of products produced by Eastman for other companies, product exchanges, purchase of products for resale, as well as execution in SAP of these initiatives. As an expert in the field, the AMS Representative is an essential partner with all of Supply Chain to achieve their goals as well as supporting Eastman’s customers. Serving in this role will provide broad exposure to Eastman through partnerships with Logistics, Supply Chain Execution, Technology, Quality, HSES and Commercial Business Units.
- Responsible for daily management of agreements within SAP. This includes:
- Reviewing, understanding, developing and implements the AMS agreement plan and strategy.
- Assisting in obtaining necessary information to complete the Deal Description and Approval (DDA) or external contract.
- Seeks to become an expert in the agreement they have responsibility for and strive to become a recognized source of advice for others.
- Manages relevant master data, source lists and other information in setting up SAP for agreement execution.
- Periodically verifies execution is consistent with the content of the agreement.
- Drives e-business functionality where appropriate to obtain services at lower cost and improve efficiency.
- Keeps Supply Chain/Business informed regarding AMS agreement issues (price changes, product balances, etc.
- Actively participates in team meetings within Procurement/AMS or other businesses having agreements that you support.
- Coordinates all documentation in SAP and keeps documents updated.
- Identify opportunities for AMS, proposing solutions and initiating action.
- Ensures SOX compliance for assigned AMS agreements.
- Ensures quality/inventory/regulatory/ISO/etc. audits are conducted at appropriate times, and resulting control plans are completed.
- Supports the AMS organization by completing special projects.
The candidate will have developed and demonstrated the following knowledge/skills at a high level of competence:
- Written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal and Networking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team player / consensus builder
- Personal initiative
Education: Bachelor degree required. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or having previous Eastman experience is preferred.
In order to be effective in the job, the AMS Representative will need to be proficient in many business processes. Past experience in one or more of these areas will be valuable:
- Supply Chain: production planning, inventory management, product management
- Business Management: contract development/management, product qualification, commercialization process
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.