- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Analyst I, Accounting(Job Number: 18004563)
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Performs a variety of moderately complex finance & accounting functions within the Accounting department.
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
• Solves a range of straightforward problems; uses previous experience to identify solutions.
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts
• Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis
• Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation
• Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes
• Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports
• Prepares local, state and federal tax returns
• Assists in preparing statistical and financial reports
• Maintains records and performs miscellaneous tax assignments
• All other duties as assigned
• Alternate text from requisitions:
• Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
• Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements.
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports.
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis.
• Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation.
• Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes.
• Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports.
• May interact with external counter-parties (e.g. vendors)
• Responds to routine questions related to area of responsibility.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Preferred Accounting Certification applicable to the geographic area of the role (may be required in some geographies)
Minimum Has attained knowledge and experience in own discipline through prior work experience.
Minimum Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Minimum Competent with advanced features & database functionality of Microsoft Excel and Access
Minimum Knowledge of finance principles and relevant internal policies
Minimum Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
Minimum Proficiency in relevant accounting software
Minimum Proven analytical skills with high degree of attention to
About the company
Xerox Corporation /ˈzɪərɒks/ is a U.S. based global corporation that sells business services and document technology products to businesses and governments of all sizes.  Xerox is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut (moved from Stamford, Connecticut in October 2007), though its largest population of employees is based around Rochester, New York, the area in which the company was founded. On September 28, 2009, Xerox announced the intended acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services for $6.4 billion. The deal closed on February 8, 2010. As a large developed company, it is consistently placed in the list of Fortune 500 companies.