- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Analyst, Risk Management About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Analyst, Risk Management (RP) is responsible for working with the UORM to effectively manage operational risk by ensuring business management implements and maintains operational risk controls in accordance with Risk Management Framework, Group Operational Risk Policies and Procedures. The Control Analyst places particular emphasis on:
Ensuring operational risk/return and control cost/benefit decisions for Retail, Wealth and Islamic Banking Operations' process are made transparently and based on assessment in accordance with the Group's standards and its Risk Appetite.
- To report OR issues and losses to UORM through use of the Operational Risk Assessment Matrix.
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA / CST / KCI / KRI and report OR issues, exceptions and losses to UORM and undertake preparation and submission of the operational risk and losses issues via the EORP System.
- Identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance and weakness inherent in the standard controls via regularly assess existing business key controls to ensure the level of controls remains cost effective, efficient and relevant.
Implementing effective risk management process of: risk identification, assessment and measurement, acceptance and monitoring to reduce gross operational risk exposure to acceptable levels within the risk appetite.
- Risk Identification - The risk identification, measurement and management process should be operating as part of BAU with regular update of Risk Profiles and reporting of exposures for acceptance at the appropriate governance level. Gross Operational risk exposures are identified and assessed by the PGCs and documented in the Risk Profiles. At the country level, Control Analyst works with first line units to perform risk identification which must be end-to-end, comprehensive and utilizing reactive and proactive source of information. Risk identification must be performed in country addenda, significant projects, mergers and acquisition, internal and external incidents, and regulatory changes.
- Risk Assessment and Measurement - Risk assessment must be performed on a consistent basis, reflecting the scope and complexity of the operation. At the country level, Control Analyst works with first line business / function to assess Gross risk exposures in accordance with the Operational risk assessment process. Gross risk exposures are assessed and mitigated to acceptable levels via design and implementation of effective process controls end-to-end.
- Risk Acceptance - Risk must be accepted at the appropriate level depending on the source of identification and residual risk and as per the delegated authority matrix. At the country level, Control Analyst will follow through the acceptance process to ensure risk acceptance at business unit level is complied with Group's Delegated Authority Matrix.
- Risk Monitoring - Operational risk assessments and acceptance must be reviewed periodically to appropriately reflect changes in environment and the progress of the mitigation plans. At the country level, Control Analyst must establish operational risk management reporting and intelligence information for ensuring that adequate and credible information is provided to appropriate levels of management, so that there is timely oversight, understanding and acceptance of risk exposures at the right organization level, for risk management purposes. This helps ensure that senior management at a country level have a good, accurate and informed understanding of the business unit's operational risk profile at the key operating levels. The systematic monitoring of process control effectiveness is achieved through the implementation and monitoring of key control indicators (e.g. KRI, KCI) and independent sample testing of controls (e.g. CST, KCSA).
- Risk & Loss Reporting - There is regular reporting on significant OR exposures, issues and results of independent reviews on the effectiveness of and compliance with established OR framework to the OR governance committees, including the Board, or its delegate. Significant OR exposures and loss experience, together with proposed action plans are regularly reported to senior management and OR governance committees. At the country level, Control Analyst must capture gross and residual risk exposures identified and OR loss promptly and accurately in EORP in accordance with Group's Operational Risk Policies and Procedures.
Influencing the development of an operational risk culture which is forward looking, risk based and customer focus
- Operational Risk Management Policies & Procedures - Implement OR policies and procedures, develop remediation plans, monitor OR policy compliance and propose deviation from OR policies and procedures.
- People and Skills - Ensure completion of mandatory e-Learning by the Operations team.
The Role Responsibilities
Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-bribery and corruption, anti money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders.
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training within stated time frames.
- Demonstration of adherence to the management principles for effective risk and control and the Group's fair.
- accountability principles.
- Prompt and decisive action upon detection of risk and compliance weaknesses.
- Assist department head to identify potential risk areas and implementation of mitigation plans.
- Operational risk and loss issues are analyzed with root causes and accountability identified.
- No overdue CST / KCSA and KRI.
- Complete follow through of unit related risk issues at BORF as evidenced in the BORF minutes.
- No failed / IR audit rating.
People and Talent
- To attend all the required mandatory and non mandatory courses provided by the bank.
- To learn from bank E-mail broadcast, bulletin and others related.
- The ability to identify assesses, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- T he ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Ability to deliver 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Internal Stakeholders.
- Manager / Head of Ops / Head of Dept and Head of Business (Local & Group).
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; ie standards required for roles.
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; ie internal/externally required.
- Professional Memberships; ie required for roles for continuous development/ improvement/awareness of current practices etc.
- Bank training; ie mandatory & developmental - role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
- Languages; ie those required for roles.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.