- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San José
Job Posting End Date:
Job Description Summary:
If you thrive on being on the cutting edge of innovation – this job is for you! The Application Developer will be responsible for taking tough business challenges and inventing new ways to solve them. We are a lean “startup” within an big enterprise, so we have the best of both worlds – the agility of a startup with the challenges and scale of one of the largest systems in the world.
We need a go-getter Application developer who is comfortable spinning up quick POCs/experiments, trying new concepts, and wiring up technical know how with sometimes unclear requirements. The good news is you won’t be doing this alone because you will be a key member in a growing team. You’ll have a chance to participate in a global team, leverage best practices, grow in both leadership and people skills, and help grow our team’s reach across a global system of 700,000+ people.Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Combine Azure services into full stack Azure chatbots
- Utilize REST and SOAP APIs to integrate enterprise systems into chatbot skills
- Front end development skills to customize the web and mobile interface
- Log metrics and KPIs for reporting and future machine learning models
- Work with a senior developer to develop your skills and grow with machine learning, AI, and enterprise architecture
- Use development best practices to design scalable solutions.
- Take ownership of projects and work pro-actively under the guidance of a senior developers
- Maintain documentation in accordance with the team standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in software engineering / computer science.
- Proven track record at managing multiple projects in a cross-functional team environment.
- Exposure to Machine Learning, AI techniques, algorithms, natural language processing
- Working knowledge of chatbots, Azure Bot Framework v4 a plus
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- 1+ years of server side development experience (.NET with C#, Python are ideal)
- Exposure to working in an Agile Scrum / DevOps development methodology.
- Experience working in a multinational, distributed team, with in-house and external delivery resources.
Practical experience with as many of the following as possible:
- Solution Architecture and Exposure to Enterprise Architecture
- Technology Focused
- Strategic Thinking
- Design Thinking
- Agile Delivery
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills: Ability to communicate technical topics to business audience.
- Be able to collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Team player who can lead a discussion to defined outcomes
- Effective Communication
- Negotiation - Empathy and ability to listen and understand other’s points of view
- Document Writing
- Pursuing Innovation - implementation of strategies and platforms.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day