- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary ZAR32,000.00 - ZAR37,000.00 gross per year
- East London
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and well-established City insurance broker, in a newly created role as an Assistant Accountant that has come about due to significant growth in business activity. This role will offer you fantastic career progression - by joining the growing finance team you will develop your existing skills whilst being supported through your professional qualification.
Broadly the role will involve:
- Maintenance of cash book and bought ledger, including production of bank reconciliations
- Preparation and settlement of payment runs for suppliers and to settle staff expenses
- Provide backup in assisting the Insurance ledger clerk with posting and maintenance of Insurance ledgers/income book
- Assist with preparation and settlement of payment runs of insurance premiums and claims settlements to underwriters and clients
- Maintenance of fixed assets' registers for the Group
- Assist with production of client money reconciliation, monthly cashflow forecasts, and monthly management accounts
- Maintenance of relationships with external counterparties
This role is well suited to part qualified individuals (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience working in a Finance function - exposure to Accounts payable is desirable. Ideal candidates will have high attention to detail and accuracy, good communication skills, the ability to talk to colleagues and clients of all levels and be able to manage/prioritize multiple workloads.
Insurance experience: preferred.