- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Peter Port
We are looking for experienced professionals with an audit and/or advisory background to join our fast growing Accounting Advisory team within our Audit & Assurance practice.
As our accounting environment grows ever more complex, the pressures it places on companies’ finance functions only increase.
Businesses increasingly need higher quality accounting advice; advice that not only inspires confidence in areas of challenge and judgement, but which gives all management and stakeholders a clearer understanding of the challenges facing their business.
We can help clients who lack sufficient resources or expertise in their own accounting function to fulfil all their responsibilities, and advise them around specific activities, including a merger or acquisition, a corporate restructure or refinancing exercise, or need a cash extraction from the business.
We also help companies change their accounting policies or accounting framework.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As an Assistant Manager/Manager within the Accounting Advisory practice you will have responsibility for:Assessing the impact of new accounting standards, and assisting clients with the practical implementation of the standards;
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards, and assisting clients with the practical implementation of the standards;Advising clients on conversions and comparisons between UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP;
- Advising clients on conversions and comparisons between UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP;Advising clients on the accounting for new products and structured transactions;
- Advising clients on the accounting for new products and structured transactions;Performing reviews of accounting policies, critical judgements and key sources of estimation uncertainty;
- Performing reviews of accounting policies, critical judgements and key sources of estimation uncertainty;Providing specialist support to transaction diligence teams on complex accounting issues;
- Providing specialist support to transaction diligence teams on complex accounting issues;Providing specialist support to tax teams, with specific focus on group restructures, re-financing, distributable reserves and the interaction of accounting standards with UK Company Law;
- Providing specialist support to tax teams, with specific focus on group restructures, re-financing, distributable reserves and the interaction of accounting standards with UK Company Law;Playing a pivotal role in continuing the development of our successful Accounting Advisory business in London and Reading, developing great relationships with clients and cross-service line colleagues; and
- Playing a pivotal role in continuing the development of our successful Accounting Advisory business in London and Reading, developing great relationships with clients and cross-service line colleagues; andDelivering high quality and insightful reports to management and those charged with governance aligned with our quality and value-add agenda.
- Delivering high quality and insightful reports to management and those charged with governance aligned with our quality and value-add agenda.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desks. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London or Reading with occasional domestic and international travel.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is to be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS and/or UK/US GAAP; technical accounting experience valuable;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Corporate audit and/or technical project experience;
- Ability to develop strong client relationships;
- Project management capabilities;
- Experience and enthusiasm for business development activities;
- ACA qualification (or equivalent);
- An ability to deliver a high quality service within demanding timeframes.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
- ms project