- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in Cultural & Creative Industry
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institutions a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the faculty program development, successful candidates will be responsible in duties includes:
- Doctoral programs of cultural industry research: research methods and thesis writing, sociological theories and methods, creation and creative workers research, international cultural trade, cultural intermediary research.
- Master's Program of cultural industry management: Research methods, folklore theories and methods, cultural policies, etc.
- Supervision and coordination of student’s professional practice and dissertations;
- Facilitate academic research activity;
- Participation in social work related to professional education.
- Candidates should possess excellent personal character is, be dedicated and caring for students, with excellent communication skills and cooperation spirit;
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree in sociology , anthropology or economics and research fields should be closely-related with discipline of cultural industries;
- Candidates should be proficient in quantitative research methods and skilled in related research software;
- Priority consideration will be given to those with a strong record of publications in competitive refereed journals such as SSCI, SCI or A&HCI (at least 2 papers) and CSSCI、TSSCI (at least 4 papers) in the relevant disciplines of cultural industries;
- Candidate needs to be fluent in oral and written English, teaching in Chinese.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. Currently, the highest marginal personal tax rate in Macao is 12%. But the effective tax rate is around 5% to 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may applyvia the link http://www.cityuhr.edu.mo/Job/Login or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before January 2, 2020.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in Aug 2020.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**