- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- QATAR QA
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Computer Networks, and the development of the department's growing provision in computer networking. In particular, the IT Department is interested in expanding its computer networks teaching team in the following areas:
- Local Area Network design;
- Network Infrastructure and Security;
- Computer network technologies and services;
- Routing protocols and architectures;
- Mobile and Wireless Communication Systems.
The role of the Networking instructor also academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
The applicant must hold a PhD degree in Computer Networks, or a related field from an internationally recognized university. Professional qualification and/or membership is an advantage.
3 years of college/university level teaching. Work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory. Experience in CCNA would be desirable, but is not essential. The post may suit Cisco professionals who want to develop further expertise in computer systems and networking.
The applicant is expected to be able to communicate effectively in both Arabic and English languages, and use SMART classroom technology and Blackboard teaching techniques. S/he is required to maintain professional, ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.