- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 81,000 cities and more than 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 20,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Beijing is a fast, up-and-coming office! Home to the most hospitable people you will meet, our extremely capable team of Beijing based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
The China Legal Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! As an associate counsel/counsel reporting to a Senior Counsel, you will be responsible for providing partnership to key stakeholders on product counselling, short term rental policies, employment matters as well as other areas of legal work. You will work very closely with the other members of the China Legal team, the APAC Legal team as well as the global Legal team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise on product-related legal issues from consumer protection, privacy, advertising, anti-unfair competition and other legal perspectives with guidance of senior counsel;
- Advise on matters that are related to Airbnb Terms of Services, Privacy Policies and other Airbnb terms;
- Support China public policy teams on short-term rental legitimization initiatives across China with guidance of senior counsel; monitoring developments of legal and regulatory landscapes affecting the short-term rental industry;
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements including technology services agreement, contact center service agreement, software licenses, data processing agreements, and other vendor contracts;
- Provide advice and counsel to various internal clients on employment and labor issues;
- Assist senior counsel with various other general corporate and regulatory matters;
- Effectively collaborate with global colleagues, both in APAC and in the US to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic and global perspectives and needs.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English and Mandarin (Simplified Chinese) is a must
- Embodying Airbnb’s core valueand a culture carrier of these values
- Qualified in the People’s Republic of China. Qualification in a major common law jurisdiction (e.g. a US jurisdiction, England, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia) will also be advantageous
- 5-10 years’ post-qualification experience in law firms or in-house legal departments; Prior experience working for a MNC in China is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in e-commerce, consumer protection, anti-unfair competition, advertisement law, employment and privacy laws in China and industry best practices, especially in navigating highly ambiguous situations
- Proactive, adaptable, self-directed person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Be able to accommodate both domestic and international travels
- Driven, high integrity, self-motivating, humble, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun