- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Peter Port
The tax landscape is undergoing significant change; with changes to tax legislation, increased media focus and scrutiny, technology advancements, and the increasingly global reach of clients, all coming together to shape an exciting and challenging future in the market for tax services.
Our Business Tax practice delivers comprehensive and innovative tax solutions to clients worldwide. Combining a collaborative and practical approach, we ensure that our service delivery is consistent in all jurisdictions, helping businesses to meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities robustly and efficiently, while identifying opportunities that align with the company's risk profile.
Deloitte’s Tax Management Consulting Team (TMC) has a market leading reputation; bringing together a unique blend of consulting, technology, tax technical and tax reporting experience to help businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including compliance, reporting, tax technology and tax risk management.
Joining the TMC team in Scotland will give you the opportunity to develop strong relationships with senior tax and finance leaders across a range of industries, helping them address their tax management challenges.
Performing a genuinely varied role, comprising tax compliance, tax reporting, and consultancy services, clients will draw on your expertise to get it right and manage risk, whilst using innovation and technology to drive efficiency and deliver insights.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
You will use commercial awareness and technical knowledge, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of colleagues from across our Business Tax practice, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
Our Consultants are also people managers and coaches, with development of the team at the heart of the role. You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
As an engagement manager within the Scotland business tax team, you will have responsibility for delivering the best of Deloitte to your clients, providing a wide range of services across both compliance and advisory areas. A role within the Scotland tax management consulting team will involve
- Acting as the main contact for your client portfolio – building deep trusted client relationships and being responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement;
- Working with our offshore and nearshore teams to plan and deliver the entire corporate tax compliance and/or reporting process;
- Developing an understanding our your clients’ tax data and technologies, and building your experience of our tax management consulting advisory services, to identify and help deliver improvements to your clients’ tax compliance and reporting processes, technologies and governance – offering a holistic solution;
- Using your knowledge of your clients’ businesses to help bring tax advisory solutions – taking a leading role in delivering these advisory projects or managing input from specialist teams (e.g. transfer pricing) as required;
- Mentoring more junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development; and
- Working across a range of industries (including Financial Services, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications).
- Managing/manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You can be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Our people are talented, out-going and flexible individuals who are confident working side by side with senior personnel to become trusted business advisors. They have deep experience in their corporate tax technical specialism but are able to adapt to the ever evolving world at the leading edge of tax management consultancy.
To qualify for the role you must be/have:
- Experience of delivering a portfolio of corporate tax compliance & reporting work
- Organised with a flexible and adaptable approach
- A desire to develop your career, take on additional responsibility and varied work
- Ideally, some experience of best practice compliance process
- Good tax technical knowledge
- ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent
- Your service line: Tax Consulting Your service line: Tax Consulting Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do? Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, a
- customer service