- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
The Role / Responsibilities:
The AA Team Manager (AATM) role will directly manage a team of associates dedicated to provide Ratings & Research (R&R) with the required analytical information and analysis. The manager will coordinate and direct associate workload as well as ensure the analytical work produced for R&R is of appropriate quality, and enhanced by applying the appropriate judgment and experience. In addition, the AATM will support RRS management to attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain talented junior analytical staff.
The AATM role is an internally facing role requiring regular and extensive interactions with the R&R function. Strong collaboration with R&R is expected to successfully deliver on the RRS/R&R operating model.
This is a critical role providing incumbents with management experience, extensive interaction with analyst and managers in R&R and the opportunity to shape RRS and the broader RRS/R&R relationship.
Direct credit-related management of associates include:
- Management of analytical work quality and consistency for assigned portfolio produced by associates. Provide analytical oversight to associates including:
- Review of quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data
- Review research produced on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues
- Implement appropriate quality check on the associate analytical work.
- Ensure high quality analytical work is provided to R&R in accordance with agreed parameters; strong collaboration with R&R is expected to enhance the quality and timeliness of the credit analysis.
Manage associates' portfolio/workflow allocation; review responsibilities periodically and suggest potential changes to next level manager; coordinate work demands from various stakeholders:
- Assign associates to discrete work items and credit portfolios as appropriate; assign ad hoc tasks to associates as appropriate.
- Partner with R&R lead analysts and RRS Management to ensure that work gets assigned to appropriate levels within RRS.
People management responsibilities of associates include:
- Participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding activities for "class" and ad hoc hiring.
- Manage performance evaluation process of associates; provide ongoing coaching and feedback to associates as appropriate.
- Identify and monitor high performing associates and provide input into the promotion process.
- Drive stronger performance management culture by identifying and proactively managing under performance.
- Mentor and develop staff, including facilitation of career development planning and opportunities; Encourage employees to take responsibility for their career goals.
- Assign relevant training to support associate development (e.g., methodology, asset class training).
- Attend select Rating Committees (as non-voting member) a) to assess quality of work provided and b) to stay in touch with credit developments.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance existing process efficiencies
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- At least 7 years' experience of credit and ratings analysis (in specified LOBs/asset classes, preferably in CFG and/or PIF);
- Experience/desire to manage, train and mentor junior support associates
- Familiarity with Moody's rating process and services; analyst workflow; compliance policies and procedures; rating business regulatory requirements
- Service-orientated, to ensure R&R analysts receive strong, timely support and both R&R & RRS groups are working effectively as a team
- Strong written and oral communications
- Capable of achieving high level of credibility with analysts and broader MIS functions
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as business priorities change.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.