- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 31 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We're looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Backend Engineer, you will implement new architectures, features, and best practices to scale the Cloudbeds platform. You will contribute to new efforts in serverless and service-oriented architectures, leveraging the latest, cutting edge technologies. As a Backend Engineer, your goal is to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world with quality, performance, and scalability top of mind.
What You Will Do
- Design architectures for new services and customer-facing features.
- Implement new application features and improvements.
- Define internal standards for new design practices.
- Update our existing architecture to scale with our fast-growing customer base.
- Refactor legacy code using the latest design patterns and practices.
- Discuss and design complex technical concepts and requirements with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Work in and understand a large code repository.
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code.
You'll Succeed With
- 7+ years of web application software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of PHP back-end web application software engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of OOP design patterns, best practices, and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stack technologies.
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL technologies (Redis, Memcached).
- Strong knowledge of automated testing methodologies (TDD, BDD).
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills.
- Experience with agile software development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience with API integrations via REST or GraphQL.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Passion for excellent technical documentation.
- Proficiency in English verbal and written skills.Nice to Have
- Experience with Domain-driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with MQ systems (rabbitmq/zeromq/kafka).
- Experience with BPMN 2.0 and engines (Camunda, Zeebe, etc).
- Experience with Codeigniter and Symfony PHP frameworks.
- Experience with Node.js or Python.
- Experience with the Serverless Framework.
- Experience with code and database optimization and profiling.
- Experience implementing Sagas for long-running transactions.
- Experience developing in AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS).
- Experience with Atlassian products [JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket].
- Passion for SOLID, DRY, and KISS principles.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. To make it easy for our team to travel we offer 2 corporate apartment accommodations near our San Diego and Sao Paulo offices. At Cloudbeds we dedicated to your personal and professional development. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your unique individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes