- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San José
The Adobe IDS Data Engineering team is looking for innovative data and software engineers to build and evolve our industry leading data products and applications that empower Adobe’s Data Driven Operating Model and next generation customer experiences.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop & tune data products, applications and integrations on large scale data platforms (Hadoop, Kafka Streaming, Spark, Hana, SQL server etc.) with an emphasis on performance, reliability and scalability and most of all quality.
- Analyze the business needs, profile large data sets and build custom data models and applications to drive the Adobe business decision making and customers experience
- Develop and extend design patterns, processes, standards, frameworks and reusable components for various data engineering functions/areas.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including business team, engineering leads, architects, BSA's & program managers.
Working at Adobe you have the opportunity to extend your network and collaborate with engineers, architects and leaders across the Adobe data management space, Adobe product engineering and Business leadership teams. We are looking to win our next CIO 100 award and we need you!
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field with 3 – 8 years of strong hands-on experience in enterprise data warehousing / big data implementations & complex data solutions and frameworks
- Experience designing, developing, and tuning data products on large scale data platforms (Hadoop, Kafka Streaming, Spark, SQL server)
- Strong SQL, ETL, scripting and or programming skills with a preference towards Python, Java, Scala, shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to clearly form and communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to isolate, deconstruct and resolve complex data / engineering challenges
- Results driven with attention to detail, strong sense of ownership, and a commitment to up-leveling the broader IDS engineering team through mentoring, innovation and thought leadership
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with streaming applications
- Experience in development methodologies like Agile / Scrum
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL technologies
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- sql server
About the company
Adobe Inc. is an American multinational computer software company headquartered in San Jose, California. It has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software. Adobe is best known for its Adobe Flash web software ecosystem, Photoshop image editing software, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor Adobe Creative Cloud.