- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary TZS15,000 - TZS20,000 gross per year
- Dar es Salaam
The British College of Gava is a fast developing, forward-thinking and innovative school situated just south of the city of Barcelona. In its fourth year the school is rapidly expanding and is searching for proactive, passionate, like-minded staff to join the growing team.
An immediate opportunity has arisen for a well-qualified administrative team member to join the school. This key role, being 'the face' of the school in atrium of the building, is suited to an outgoing, positive and quick-thinking professional who instinctively likes to solve problems and help others. Ability to think on one's feet, multitask and be adaptable is essential, approaching work with a growth-mindset.
IMPORTANT - please note that it is essential to have a fluent grasp of both English and Spanish language to apply for this role. Full time from 10.00 to 18:00
The school will be delighted to accept applications from suitably qualified professionals, ideally (but not essentially) with experience of working in an administrative position in an educational environment or similar.
In order to make an application, please follow these steps:
- Submit your curriculum vitae, which should include 2 professional referees; one of which should be your current/most recent employer
- Submit a letter of application, of no more than 600 words responding to the 'person specification' in this advert, and your reason(s) for applying to the British College of Gava specifically
- Applications should be forwarded by email via the button below.
- Deadline date for applications is Monday 15th July
- Interviews will take place during the week of 22nd-26th July with final appointment being made at the end of the week
- Start date is 2nd September
We regret that we cannot respond to every single application.
Please note that all appointments are strictly subject to our 'Safe Recruitment' policy. No appointment is confirmed until satisfactory references as well as recent (and) home country police checks have been received.
- Be bilingual with either fluent or advanced level English and Spanish language
- Have a naturally outgoing, warm and cheery nature with the ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with other staff members, parents and children
- Possess the capabilities and the desire to be an integral 'team player' working towards common goals and enjoying successes together
- A natural problem solver, able to think laterally and creatively towards providing innovative pathways forward
- Possess a high level of organisational and time management skills, able to multitask and handle situations involving pressure
- Have the disposition to work in a multinational environment based on mutual care and respect
- Have passion, determination and desire to succeed
Inaugurated in September 2015, the British College of Gava is the pilot school of a new project initiated by the 'Education in Excellence' brand. The school's founders, having shared experiences directing some of the most successful groups of schools in Spain, have a vision of creating a new avant-garde group of schools that will pioneer forward-thinking educational strategies for the next generation. After opening in September 2015, the school is developing rapidly and has tripled in size in a short space of time. The school's success is based on the outstanding practice of the teachers. It looks forward now to the next stage of development.
Barcelona makes for an exciting place to live and work. This city of great history and culture accommodates for a fulfilling lifestyle for people of all ages and interests. The pleasant Mediterranean climate, location by the sea, excellent standard of living and quality of cuisine prompt many people relocating to go on to stay long term. The school is situated just a couple of minutes south of the airport providing superb links back to the UK and all major European cities as well as many locations further afield.
- ms project