- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Analyst for Macro Projects - 90218256
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:15 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Business Analyst for Macro projects
Czech Republic, Prague
About Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology
The Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology team (RFT) comprises 3500 colleagues situated in the major hubs of United Kingdom, United States, India and Czech Republic. We are accountable for the delivery of technology for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our Business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions. We support more than 450 applications and a user base of 7000+ staff across all business units and major geographic hubs, enabling them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
What will you be doing?
• Reporting to an RFT Macro Options Migrations Lead, the business analyst will be involved in requirements analysis, software design, configuration, and testing activities across several high impact projects. With a heavy emphasis on both technical and communication skills, this business analyst will be expected to work closely with the developers, Architects and Project Managers across all regions and business clusters in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion. Primary responsibilities of the candidate will cover, but not limited to:
• Analysing business requirements and proposing robust solutions
• Configuration and setup of risk calculation and other systems
• Reconciling and explaining system outputs and coordinating review and signoff with stakeholders
• Working with the business, analysts, peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements
• Document designs and communicate them with the developers and wider team.
• Ensure adherence to technical standards & SDLC including quality measures
• Working with the Delivery team globally and escalate any technical issues, roadblocks or project risks to the Program Implementation Lead
• Support the Program Manager with estimations relating to the specialized areas or components
• Participate in daily stand-up or scrum meetings
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrates initiative / Pro-active
• Organized / manages time well
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries
• Ability to multi-task / self-sufficient
• Ability to establish direction and drive progress
• Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Extensive experience analysing business requirements and designing and driving the change required to deliver these requirements to the business
• Familiarity with complex system integration and excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle especially agile methodologies
• Ability to coordinate change across diverse teams from a variety of disciplines
• Experience in a financial institution with exposure to Investment Banking would be of benefit together with general understanding of derivative products and financial market risk, especially in the Fixed Income space.
• Proficient with Microsoft technologies, especially Microsoft Excel
• Experience with numerical analysis tasks, reviewing complex datasets, and reconciliation/testing of numerical data
• Experience working with databases and SQL, especially with querying data
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.