- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Development Manager (BDM) Role Description
What You'll Do
You will identify and position new and innovative subscription service offerings and solutions based on observed Japanese marketplace demands and trends. You will position the Subscription Services portfolio to Cisco and partner sales teams, supporting sales teams with services and solutions with value propositions for client opportunities. You will work with Subscription Services line management and Services Product Management teams in supporting the services lifecycle requirements ensuring consistent and accurate scoping of client engagements. You will track and manage continuous pipeline visibility of services and solutions for client opportunities and collaborate amongst team members to establish best practices for developing and supporting the sale of subscription services.
1. Drive active engagement with account teams in planning and executing client solutions and services sales strategy.
2. Define and communicate Subscription Services portfolio positioning and value to target client segments and Cisco stakeholders.
3. Discover and align Client business & operational priorities to Subscription portfolio outcomes and capabilities through workshops with clients, e.g. BAW (business alignment workshop).
4. Create and deliver standalone and cross-architecture Subscription Services quotes and proposals to clients with accurate deliverable scoping, sizing and pricing.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional groups (sales, product, management, operations, marketing) to develop Subscription portfolio strategy, financial forecasts, offer packages and internal playbook with local language and pricing, and client proposals.
6. Drive Subscription services bookings growth targets across renewals and new buying centers.
Who You Are
You are an independent self-starter, who is proactive and multi-tasking with a program management mind set to resolve conflicts. You have excellent verbal and written skills in communicating and positioning Cisco’s Subscription Services business and operational value and capabilities to Client Executive audience. You have a proven track record of developing and winning multi-architecture subscription contracts (multi-million $) among enterprise, public sector and service providor market segments. Collaborating across global teams, you are able to program manage complex, global initiatives. You are a problem solver with experience in risk and issue management, escalation and resolution. You provide constructive coaching and feedback to all levels within the team as necessary.
Our minimum qualifications are:
• 5+ years of technology professional career with strong consulting or services sales
experience preferred at Cisco or other multi-national companies. Or,
• 5+ years of experience in sales support / solution development / BDM role
• IT architecture knowledge, on network, computing, security, as well as technology knowledge on programmability, automation, and virtualization
• Experience on advisory consulting on IT operation/optimization is preferred
• Strong knowledge of Cisco’s service portfolio and business operations (selling, quoting, ordering).
• Native or fluent language skill both in English and Japanese
• Ability to travel (target of 25%)
• Education: Bachelors Degree, Master’s preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.