- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a driven and entrepreneurial media sales professional? We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join Media Solutions and help grow our presence and partnerships in Eastern Europe.
You will be directly accountable for defining market strategy and executing the successful sales negotiation of online advertising campaigns in Eastern Europe. As a Business Development Manager, you will report to the EMEA Senior Manager of Business Development and support the optimization of Media Solutions related revenues and aim to meet individual revenue quotas for new business
What you’ll do:
- Sales Strategy - Drive and execute strategy for Easter Europe to grow the Media Solutions business. You will be responsible for identifying key businesses in the travel and non-travel sector and selling the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice. This includes representing the advertising strategy of the partner in order to develop campaigns that meet their needs. Ability to work with guidance on complex deals that would require more customization and "out of the box" solutions.
- Sales Negotiation - Own and lead the advertising sales process end to end from identification of new areas of business and prospects (in line with regional sales strategy}, to developing an understanding of the client's needs and mapping those needs with solid planning and strategic selling. Building on a portfolio of domestic and international partnerships, the ability to navigate senior level management and understand the political pressures of an organization, whilst provide customers with a consultative sales experience to get to a positive decision is key to success .
- Partner Launch/Internal Stakeholder Management - Oversee the launch & on-going, day-to-day performance of advertising partnerships and influence across other functions within the wider Expedia business (including Travel Partner Group, Air, Lodging, Internal brands and more) and Media Solutions to ensure successful campaign delivery and resolve issues as they arise working closely with other Media Solutions teams (Operations, Billing, Product, Marketing, Creative Partnerships, Media Insights & Planning)
- Commercial Results/Performance - Define and deliver continued growth in revenue contribution (both through retention and acquisition) to Media Solutions from the French market demonstrated through amongst others insightful actions and measurement of new & existing partnerships on an ongoing basis.
Who you are:
- Media sales experience is desirable
- English and other Eastern European language desired
- A proven track record of meeting revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively pitch and influence at senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to analyse clients' needs and identify creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability with which to optimize revenue gains for Media Solutions through creative deals
- Demonstrated ability in consultative selling
- The ability to travel regularly both domestically and internationally is required.
- Enjoy interaction with external partners and strive for excellence
- Experience of working in a fast paced digital environment is advantageous
- An excellent understanding of the media and travel markets, current industry state of play and latest developments
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
About the company
Expedia Group is an American global travel technology company. Its websites, which are primarily travel fare aggregators and travel metasearch engines, include CarRentals.com, CheapTickets, Expedia.com, HomeAway, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, trivago, and Venere.com.