- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About the CompanyCalvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Department InformationCalvin Klein Menswear is a relatively new and fast growing divisions covering all Menswear apparel product categories including Sportswear, Tailoring and Dress Furnishing.
Calvin Klein Womenswear is a start-up division with high growth potential, including all Sportswear related product categories.
Both the Calvin Klein Menswear and Womenswear labels are designed and developed from Amsterdam. Buying Operations is part of the Buying & Planning department.
Buying & Planning ensures an optimum seasonal planning from the range plan handover to the official purchase order creation and controls the production flow to ensure in-time deliveries from the factories.
Position DescriptionThe Buying Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Product Development teams, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports into the Senior Manager Buying & Planning. The candidate should have an analytical mindset and eye for process alignment. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
- Manage inbounding by monitoring WIP-chart up till goods shipped from Consolidator in collaboration with Product Development, acting on possible delays by changing, Shipmode, negotiate with vendors about freight terms in case of delays, and inform stakeholders when changes in AC-date occur
- Create and maintain purchase orders and inbound master files including calculations on OTA level (On Time Availability), and all additional relevant information regarding production (e.g. reasons for delay and current situation), and update systems (e.g. GT Nexus, SAP)
- Generate inbound report summarising highlights of the master file, and distribute to relevant stakeholders (Management, Buying & Planning)
- Maintain close relationships with vendors, assist with operational tasks where needed, monitoring performed tasks to ensure they are performed correctly (e.g. creating shipment bookings), and assist / remind vendors to ensure on time delivery
- Responsible for management of over- and under shipment, assessing whether deviances can be accepted and negotiating with vendors regarding replenishments (up till ordered amount) and discounts
- Monitor system versus actuals regarding shipment status, ensuring shipments from Vendor to consolidator (At Consolidator Date) are realised and acting on possible discrepancies
Position RequirementsWho is the best person for this job?
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Education: MBO/HBO
- High level of accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Preferably administrative experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure with deadlines
- High sense to be supportive to her/his team members
- Excellent PC knowledge: Excel (SAP is advantage)
- Fluent in English
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture
About the company
Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women’s and men’s designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide.