- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
SO Sofitel Singapore
City SINGAPORE State Singapore Region/Country Singapore
World Class Hotels & French EleganceSofitel offers contemporary hotels and resorts adapted to today’s more demanding and more versatile consumers who expect and appreciate beauty, quality and excellence. Whether situated in the heart of a major city like Paris, London, New York or Beijing, or nestled away in a country landscape in Morocco, Egypt, Fiji Islands or Thailand, each Sofitel property offers a genuine experience of the French “ art de vivre”.Sofitel and its Ambassadors link the world with French Elegance across a collection of unique addresses offering their guests and partners a personalized service enriched with emotion, performance and a passion for Excellence.
Discover the hotel
Job Level Job/National under local employment status (or Foreigner already entitled to be recruited for this role) More information
Fixed-term contract: No
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 14-03-2019
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- To possess minimum of 2 years experience in similar role from previous capacity
- Experience in 5 star hotel and/or similar, or up-scale individual standing restaurant
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume in MS Word format via Apply Now. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards his colleagues, and supervisors alike, and act in accordance to the Hotel’s Local Standard Operating
- Procedure and Associate’s Handbook to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen section.
- Co-ordinate, organize and participate in all productions pertaining to the kitchen.
- Check and follow up on the mise-en-place of the various banquets, buffet dishes and other hot preparations and productions pertaining to this section.
- Maintain the standards of preset recipes, portion control and costing at all time.
- Check on the proper storage and adequate temperature for all products to avoid the development and growth of any bacteria. Make sure that all food is covered in the refrigerator in a hygienic manner at all time (food safety awareness).
- Maintain discipline and proper work practices at all time.
- Check on personal hygiene, cleanliness of uniforms, hygiene and sanitation of the work station and work tools.
- Be informed of the dangers of contaminated food and the need for regular checking and turnover of the mise en place in the refrigerators.
- Report to the Sous-Chef/Junior Sous Chef in the event that any problems arise in order for the appropriate course of action to be taken.
- Follow up on any changes in new recipes or work methods pertaining to any new menus, banquet events and functions in accordance to instructions given by his supervisor and recipes
SOFITEL AND ITS AMBASSADORS
The Sofitel brand is based on three core values guaranteed by each employee every day:
A Passion for Excellence, an Essence of Pleasure and a Spirit of Openness.
Through their actions and know-how, the Men and Women that are the creators of Sofitel’s luxury, offer clients a highly personalised service. By transforming every detail into a unique moment of pure comfort and elegance, they create and nurture a relationship with their guests.
The Sofitel values are also at the heart of the communication between employees. It is the legacy received and transmitted by all those involved in the brand to guarantee the continuity of the Sofitel spirit in the hotels and headquarters.
Watch the video
APPLY TO THIS VACANCY
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.