- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CIB Banking Tech, Application Support, AssociateWorking in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
The Banking Production Management team with J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the Banking application stack within J.P. Morgan. The J.P. Morgan Banking business, consisting of Investment Banking, Treasury Services and Corporate Banking, is one of the largest wholesale banking client franchises in the world. We serve clients, including corporations, governments, states, municipalities, healthcare organizations, education institutions, banks and investors. The team interacts directly with Business Operations, Product and Client Services plus our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. Banking applications securely process trillions of payments every day along with providing real time Liquidity and Accounting functions. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience supporting Java based applications within a global production support environment
- UNIX / Redhat Linux skills, including ability to function at the command level, and various scripting with at least 1 language: Ksh, Perl, Bash, Python or similar
- Database skills such as SQL and stored procedures for primarily Oracle PLSQL with light MYSQL
- Exposure to newer technologies such as Kafka, Cassandra or Storm helpful
- Monitoring tool familiarity such as: Geneos, Autosys, Spelunk, WebSphere, and/or WebLogic helpful but not required
- DevOps exposure and/or financial services work experience preferred
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.