- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HONG KONG
CIB Prime Brokerage Credit Risk Management - Vice PresidentJPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
The Prime Brokerage Credit Risk team is responsible for risk management of the Equity Prime Brokerage business. The Department focuses on the contingent market risk associated with the intraday and overnight extension of collateralized credit to clients and sets leverage limits based on a thorough and continuous analysis of the risks inherent in each portfolio and each portfolio's investment strategy. Portfolios are analyzed and evaluated at least daily through extensive simulation analysis designed to estimate market related risks and help risk managers calibrate the appropriate limits. The Department is part of the Hedge Fund Credit Risk group within CIB Credit Risk, an independent control group responsible for the credit risk management of all businesses within the CIB.
The role is based in Hong Kong with a focus on the Equity Prime Brokerage business. Equity Prime Brokerage provides clearing, financing, and execution services for Hedge Fund and Investor clients across asset classes and geographies. The successful risk manager will understand the market risks associated with the diverse set of investment strategies and products traded by our clients including equities, equity derivatives, credit, convertibles, volatility and FX.
• Risk analyze client portfolios and recommend leverage for prospective clients
• Daily monitoring of client portfolios and providing of commentary of market risk positions with the aim to identify material risk exposures and concentrations
• Interact regularly with the front office on risk-related issues such as discussing margin changes
• Negotiate Prime Brokerage agreements (IAA, IPBA, GMCA) including margin methodology lock ups
• Monitor and analyze market trends and movements. This involves observing market trends and estimating the significance they will have on PB client portfolios
• Monitoring clients who trade intraday to ensure that the portfolio exposures fall within in risk limits
• Respond to changing market conditions by conducting ad-hoc exposure analyses across the Prime Brokerage portfolio, often at the request of senior management or regulators
• Identify and manage process and systems developments and enhancements
Must possess the following:
• Minimum 7 years of related work experience including familiarity with Hedge Funds, Investment strategies, and Prime Brokerage
• Familiarity with securities, futures, and derivative financial products and how they are impacted by various market conditions
• Familiarity with in non-linear trading instruments (e.g. options, volatility products such as VIX) and the risk associated with those products
• Excellent analytical skill
• Excellent communication skill, not only interacts with local stakeholders but also required to stay connected and to escalate issues promptly to teammates in London and New York
• Excellent Excel skills
• Ability to understand & troubleshoot model output and stress results
• Ability to process large amounts of information and extract that which is material
• Ability to multi-task & work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast paced work environment