- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a BroadCloud Customer Support Engineer, you will report to the BroadCloud Customer Support Manager to support our rapidly-growing customer base using BroadCloud. BroadCloud is a fully managed, scalable SaaS model that lets customers cost-efficiently deploy BroadSoft Business—our integrated suite of communication and collaboration services.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide answers and troubleshooting for our customer base by taking customer support calls, answer on-line chat, and respond to support portal tickets in a timely and professional manner. This involves troubleshooting of portal features, SIP call flows, audio quality and network problems which can include the customer router, firewall and third party ISP connections.
• To delight customers by listening to the customer's concern, demonstrate you understand their issue and their situation, determine the best action, and think beyond the initial ask to answer the next question to meet or exceed their expectations.
• Collaborate with other BroadSoft teams and diligently escalate complex problems where a course of action may not be immediately obvious, however continue to track manage the matter to full resolution.
• Update our customer support portals to proactively to provide customers with the self-help, documentation, release notes, and FAQs, to avoid problems or resolve issues quickly.
• When needed, work with third parties such as ISP, and SIP phone and IAD (Integrated Access Device) manufacturers to resolve customer problems, with the understanding that as SaaS provider, every problem is an opportunity to assist the customer.
• Provide occasional evening or weekend duty to as requested to solve unexpected problems that need to be resolved outside of business hours.
• Other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES
• An understanding of cloud-based services and Telecommunications.
• Knowledge of a typical Service Provider process and systems works, the needs of their end users, and an understanding of the Software as a Service business model.
• Demonstrated technical and Customer Service skills to not only resolve customer issues, but also show understanding and empathy to build relationships, and promoted industry leading customer satisfaction.
• Experience with VOIP technology and terminology including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), Codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), DNS, UDP, TCP/IP, and RTP.
• Experience with Linux system admin and network analysis and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
• Knowledge of functions in the area of SIP Telephony and unified communications service delivery such as IP network architecture, QoS, IP phones, routers, provisioning, device management, and desktop and mobile software.
• Energetic, motivated, with a positive outlook to make suggestions and work with the team to build customer confidence and make continuous improvements of our support processes and tools.
• The ability to speak Japanese and English have excellent written communication skills to effectively communicate with worldwide customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• A BS degree or at least 2 years of experience in telecommunication or networking, with an emphasis in the areas of Operations, Technical Sales, or Customer Support.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.