- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Abu Dhabi
About Jumeirah and Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
A landmark property for the Emirate, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island offers 293 rooms and suites facing the sea, showcasing views from either a private balcony or garden access room, with an extended patio and outdoor space. This luxury beach front hotel embodies the beauty of the ocean - the stylish contemporary architecture is decorated with marine themed touches that bring the outside world to life. Home to eight restaurants and bars, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island has plenty of dining options including an all-day dining venue, two signature restaurants, a lobby lounge and bar, a pool and beach bar and a sports lounge. Guests can also explore the 400 metre public beach and three swimming pools. Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island was developed under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan’s Projects Department.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Commis 2 to join our Culinary department in Jumeirah atSaadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are :
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift about functions and activities.
- Mise-en-place (report everything).
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- Work to the specifications received by the direct reports and supervisors regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Must be mature, passionate, committed, flexible and a team player to all positions.
- Must perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of high quality desserts and pastries.
- Basic knowledge of food preparations.
- Basic knowledge of health & safety in the workplace.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Culinary certificate or equivalent Pass all information to next shift about functions and activities.
- Experience in a multicultural environment
- Quality Focused
- Basic health & safety in the workplace
- 1 year experience in the same position
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work if company accommodation provided, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight ticket allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates