- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cape Town
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand.If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
To assist in the greater kitchen as required and to provide and maintain the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town within a pressurized environment in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Recognised appropriate qualification advantageous
- 6 – 12 months’ experience in an upmarket kitchen in a similar position within a 5-star environment
- Competency of all relevant cookery skills
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Reports directly to the Chef De Partie
- Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes and responsible for your area of work
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Proactive, self-motivated Individual with good professional work ethic
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Team orientation
- Ability to manage and work with high volume work load
- Sound understanding of all health & safety regulation
- Ensure the highest standards of hygiene and quality are maintained throughout the kitchen
- Assist where necessary within the kitchen department
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.