- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Communication Internship – Corporate Affairs Royal Canin Benelux (RCN)
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Job purpose / Overview
Everything we do is driven by our passion for the health and wellbeing of every cat and dog. And you can now join us at Royal Canin on this mission.
Our deep understanding of the needs of cats and dogs is what makes it possible for us to make the world's most precise pet health nutrition. We never stop learning and never take anything for granted. That’s why we collaborate with leading scientific, veterinary and behavioral experts, and maintain an ongoing dialogue with cat and dog owners worldwide.
As Communication intern you will play a crucial role in this setting. There is a high need to share our knowledge and stories both internally and externally. You will develop engaging and personal (video) content to connect and inform the associates of our Benelux cluster in our offices in the Netherlands and Belgium. Furthermore, you will design and create materials we leverage to build our relationships with key opinion leaders, customers and other stakeholders.
You will be part of the Corporate Affairs department working in a highly motivated team -your source of knowledge- covering the Benelux. Your base location will be our office in Veghel, the Netherlands, but you will travel to our offices in Belgium and our stakeholders across the Benelux as well to create content. Together with the team you will embark on our journey to make the story of Royal Canin heard.
You will report into the Corporate Affairs Director.
- Create, edit and release (video) content based on our Internal Communication Strategy. You are responsible from creating till the end product.
- Support our Scientific Communication Advisors in creating content building our relationships with key opinion leaders in science, NGO’s and partners in the field of education.
- Create content as result of our year-round content calendar. You will do this with the support of our marketing and digital teams.
- Provide our consumers and customers with the best information possible (both in writing as verbally), based on relevant and scientifically proven information.
- Be an ambassador for our organization and our brand.
- Develop knowledge and usage of CRM (Marspulse/Salesforce, Sprinklr) and creativity tools for digital channels in the future.
- Leverage CRM/Social CRM technologies to keep track of all conversations and contacts to achieve continuous improvement.
- Accurate handling of all product related quality complaints. Internal reporting of these complaints to relevant departments in the unit and internationally in accordance with applicable quality procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders to maximise consumer care performance and added value to the business (Scientific Communications, Quality & Food Safety, marketing & sales, and global teams).
- Provide excellent customer care support during crisis time.
1. Education & Professional Qualification
You either hold a veterinary degree as a qualified Vet Nurse or a degree in nutrition (both human and animal focused).
- Combination of 1 year in call center/clinic management or as nutritional advisor.
- Dutch, French and English are must have.
- Passion for pets and animal health.
- Knowledge of social media and digital channels as millennial.
- Strong relational and communication skills interpersonal and digital.
- Excellent PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States