- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a team player and creative thinker with strong writing and project management skills? Do you have a passion for executing flawlessly, focusing on details and thrive in a fast-moving, results-driven environment? Have you studied Public Relations, Marketing or Communications and are looking for your first step onto the corporate ladder? Aviva is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team.
This is a new role within our Claims Capability team and is a great opportunity for someone wanting to contribute to our claims transformation. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting Claims’ overall communications strategy. The role will consist of supporting the day-to-day operations of Aviva’s Claims Capability team, drafting and editing communications materials, coordinating internal content approval, maintaining newsletter mailing lists, editorial calendars, and project plans. The Communications Coordinator will play a key role in helping create compelling content to reach key audiences, ensuring our teams and stakeholder understand what we are up to, and support the team across a variety of programs.
- Participate in the creation and editing of communication materials including newsletter content, change management plans and projects.
- Manage internal stakeholder approvals of content and support senior leaders in crafting key messages, maintaining project plans and editorial calendars.
- Manage the production and distribution of Claims monthly newsletter and posting of content to Claims communication platforms. Draft content that attracts the attention of frontline audiences while maintaining Claims’ key messages and brand. Other copy writing as required – such as web copy, internal messaging and articles for a various audiences.
- Help out with the things that we have no idea are coming.
- First and foremost – a positive attitude along with a genuine enthusiasm for what the team is trying to achieve. These are not just buzz words added to the description, the ability to embrace our collaborative culture is paramount.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals – how to keep on track of tasks, be diligent, detail oriented.
- Strong writing ability, with the skill to translate what a subject matter expert such as, technical claims analyst, lawyer, or other techie says into a language that everyone, including customers can understand.
- Proven track-record of project management and a commitment to get the job done.
- Understanding of the insurance business, French language skills, video production experience and photography skills are all great assets, but not required. However, the abilities to laugh at yourself, have fun and adapt to different situations are necessary.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.