- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Helier
Join us as a Credit Officer
- This is an opportunity to put your credit skills to the test and take on a new career challenge
- You'll sanction borrowing applications within a delegated authority level in accordance with current risk appetite, process and procedures
- It's a chance to take advantage of our fantastic development opportunities and advance your career
- We'll consider applications from Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man, and you'll need the right to live and work in one of these locations
What you'll do
You'll structure credit solutions to meet customers' needs within the bank's risk appetite, while providing assurance of consistent and disciplined credit underwriting in line with risk appetite, with key risks identified.
Your role will also include material risk taker responsibilities.
It'll also be your responsibility to:
- Undertake quality risk assessments across a range of lending requests from customers
- Clearly articulate lending decisions that include only relevant terms and conditions
- Make sure the needs and impact upon the customer are considered through all aspects of the risk assessment process allowing fair outcomes for our customers
- Help to maintain an effective credit risk management framework for the early identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of credit risks
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and adopt a subject matter expert status
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced lender with sound analytical and technical credit skills.
You'll have strong commercial awareness and the ability to shape complex deals to create fair customer outcomes while protecting the bank's position.
You should hold a formal banking qualification or equivalent professional experience with accreditation, or a commitment to obtain one within 12 months.
You'll also need:
- Sound knowledge of the mid-corporate and commercial segment, sectors, and lending products
- A good understanding of credit policy, economic, legal, regulatory and where applicable specialist sector issues, along with underwriting processes and systems
- The ability to work well as part of a team with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- economists and finance