- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Credit Officer AdministrationAbout QNB
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Credit Officer Administration, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Singapore//Singapore.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing credit facility proposals for Corporate and Retail customers (only those retail proposals that fall outside applicable policy parameters), forwarded to them by the appropriate departments/ units. The incumbent will assess the quality of the credit exposure sought to be undertaken and ensure adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure all required documents are collected and reviewed prior to disbursing of loans/ facilities.
- Following the controls and ensure compliance procedures are implemented to identify & manage potential risk.
- Effective conduct of the documentation & credit facilities processes whilst maintaining independent control over related processes.
- Ensure that limits set-up in system.
- Calculate value of collaterals on periodic basis and ensure that they are reflected in the systems.
- Prepare portfolio and MIS reports; prepare and provide Focus List report, reports related to Group Credit Monitoring and Early Warning.
- Support the Credit team (where applicable) in preparing a recommendation to extend, decline, or request further structuring/ guarantees/ collaterals to the deal to minimize credit risk to meet QNB credit risk standards.
- Coordinate with Relationship Managers for the timely receipt of customer documents/ other information required to evaluate the credit worthiness of the proposed borrowers.
- Perform activities within the assigned Credit Risk Strategy that reflects the QNB's tolerance for risk and the level of profitability the QNB expects to achieve for incurring various credit risks.
- Use standardized process for evaluating credit proposals ensuring that all approved credits are within QNB's Credit Risk Strategy.
- Coordinate with QNB Compliance to ensure an appropriate response to obtain updates on regulations pertaining to credit risk review that are promulgated by Regulators, if any.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related departments and units to achieve the QNB's goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Adhere to the Turnaround Times (TAT) specified in the SLAs.
- Bachelor degree preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a major bank's risk function.
- Possess an understanding of business processes and controls in all related credit/ operational areas.
- Good understanding of credit risk methodologies (KMV, Credit Metrics, etc.), interest rate modelling [short rate models, HJM, BGM, etc.], VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling highly desirable.
- Maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to the overall credit operations.
- Good quantitative modelling, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV