- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trust is the fundamental currency of the sharing economy, and it’s at the heart of the Airbnb community.We are hiring a China Trust and Risk Management Manger that will work closely with the Trust and Safety Ops, Customer Experience, Public Affairs, PR, Policy, Product, Engineering, and Legal teams to help maintain and advance the trust in the China business with relevant stakeholders.
This candidate must also serve as a leading example of adherence to the highest company standards of integrity and ethics. The candidate should be recognized as an established subject matter expert and authority on crisis management and leverage existing internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals.
- Developing and implementing a streamlined response strategy that best supports our community throughout China and helps protect or rebuild trust in Airbnb.
- During a crisis, coordinating all necessary and appropriate functions across the company, including but not limited to stakeholders in the Business Units, Trust, Community Support, Legal, Policy & Communications teams.
- Keeping Airbnb leadership properly informed throughout a crisis and advising the Global Head of Trust and Risk Management on any decisions that need COO approval.
- Approving all internal and external communications related to the issue.
- Conducting monthly root cause analysis reviews of recent incidents with cross-functional stakeholders to determine relevant next steps to mitigate similar incidents in the future and name the appropriate DRI moving forward.
- Anticipating and surfacing emerging threats to Airbnb’s community and brand reputation to the Global Head of Trust and Risk Management.
- Running cross-functional tabletop crisis exercises in China to ensure the company is as prepared as possible in advance of a crisis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Native Chinese speak and fluent English ability
- Intensive China working experience is a must
- 8+ years in relevant risk prevention, response role. PR/Public Affairs experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house; preference to those with political campaign or government experience
- Good knowledge of public policy matters - more specifically relating to trust and safety, housing, technology, or the sharing economy
- Proven-track record managing crisis response incidents
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization
- Excellent writing skills with samples to share
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations