- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San José
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Position summaryWe are seeking an experienced architect to join our team crafting the future of cryptography solutions on BIG-IP and in multi-cloud environment.
- You will provide thought leadership on the industry trends, challenges, and opportunities in Cryptography
- Articulate requirements and support business and data analysts in building detailed functional specifications
- Work with product management to consult with customers regarding future solutions
- Be a technical focal and evangelist for cryptography to other teams inside F5
- Security architecture for new products
- Security reviews of product implementations
- Drafting security specifications, focusing on Cryptography
- Furthering knowledge in Cryptography and embedded security
- Research in security/crypto and publication
- Innovation, IP creation and patent application filing
- Works closely with architectural and development teams to ensure hardware, software and product architectures are developed in line with the vision and future direction of the product lines and company
- Partners with management and developers on driving product timelines
- Participates on multi-functional design projects, serving as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research/advancement
- Participate in hiring and onboarding process
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Deep knowledge in PKI, Key and Certificates Management
- Deep knowledge in algorithms and cryptographic primitives (e.g., MACs, Block Ciphers, Stream Ciphers Signatures, Encryption)
- Expert in security protocols and standards, especially SSL/TLS and FIPS 140-2
- Embedded Security use cases, Root of Trust, secure boot, secure OS,
- Hands on SW development in the field of embedded Security/Cryptography
- Strong knowledge working in Agile environments and with Agile methodologies
- Ability to identify advantages and disadvantages of any programming model, framework, language when applied to a specific end user scenario, business problem or technical design
- Knowledge of Hardware Security including HSMs, Tamper resistance, side-channel attacks, etc.
- Proven ability to bring new ideas and guide them to completion
- Excellent communication skills on all technical levels.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor; or 12 years and a Masters; or a PhD with 8 year experience; or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 5 years as an Architect for crypto product design.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
About the company
F5 provides strategic points of control throughout the IT infrastructure, enabling organizations to scale, adapt, and align with changing business demands