- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Manager Cloud Operations (DevOps)
This team is responsible for the deployment and operations of the first fully virtualized 5G mobile network in the world. The Operations team will design, develop, deploy and operate transformational automation across a complex network composed of high performance networking equipment, a Telco-optimized OpenStack cloud, and multiple virtual network functions (VNF) across several data centers and thousands of remote radio sites. For a software-minded networking professional this is the chance of a lifetime.
Role and Responsibility
You'll influence and lead geographically dispersed teams of software, systems and operations engineers operating as Site Reliability Engineers. Your primary responsibility will be to support your primary customer. However, you will also closely collaborate and coordinate with product teams, a centralized OpenStack operations team, Cisco Customer Experience Engineers, and customer Engineering and support teams. You will be the face of Operations for this network and will have local responsibility for all Operations. You are the type of person who has a proven track record of executing on defined business objectives. You are comfortable wearing many hats in the process of planning, designing and delivering cutting-edge DevOps. This role has the following responsibilities:
· Lead, influence and motivate staff to promote a positive environment and maximize productivity
· Act as an on-site conduit between the customer engineering, Cisco Product teams, and Cisco Customer Experience service organizations to foster cross-functional teamwork
· Institute policies and procedures to ensure all Service Level Objectives are met
· Review and improve ‘run-books’ to standardize the operation of the systems and facilitate knowledge transfer across teams
· Guide the automation efforts of those run-books to achieve as close to “zero operations” as possible
· Be a local Subject matter expert in advanced cloud technologies, agile development, and DevOps methodologies
· Candidates will typically have 10+ years of industry experience managing geographically dispersed network operations/support teams
· Candidates for this position will generally hold a BS in computer science or a related field
· Candidates must possess excellent team and people skills and should be comfortable managing geographically dispersed teams
· Ideal candidates must be able to quickly ramp up on new technologies outside of comfort zone and think and operate at scale
· Candidates must have an expert level of understanding in networking protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, VLANs, CIDR)
· Candidates must have a deep understanding of Linux/Unix command line operations
· Candidates must have prior experience with version control (Git/GitHub preferred)
· Candidates must have extensive experience with automation technologies such as chef, puppet, salt, or ansible.
· Candidates must have significant experience managing the deployment and operations of OpenStack clouds – perhaps being a Certified OpenStack Administrator
· Candidates must have experience managing mission critical 24/7/365 global services and network operations, including strong hands on automation experience
· Ideal candidates have experience with auto-deployment and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
· Ideal candidates have hands-on experience with docker containers and kubernetes, perhaps even being a Certified Kubernetes Adminstrator
· Proven experience with agile development processes, including scrum and Kanban
· Strong understanding and preference for DevOps/SRE approaches to automation
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.