- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- General Gonzales
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. Withover 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry,you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Do you possesses these important qualities— an unwavering commitment to customer service, an unstoppable drive to exceed expectations, and a relentless pursuit of excellence in your current role and preparation for future opportunities and advancement? Then Summit Electric Supply has a great opportunity for you to launch your career in an atmosphere that supports growth and development in a dynamic and reliable industry!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is primarily responsible for assisting Summit's customers over the phone, internet, email or in person and works closely with the Service Center sales staff to ensure a high level of customer service. Summit offers ongoing training and education opportunities as well as competitive benefits and salary packages.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be expected to:
- Thoroughly understand all product capabilities, features and benefits as well as Summit’s market conditions, product warranties and services.
- Assist customers over the phone, internet, email or in person with orders, quotations and product questions.
- Negotiate profitable pricing with both customers and suppliers.
- Proactively follow up on customer orders, challenges and needs.
- Resolve customer concerns and issues as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Assist counter and warehouse associates as needed.
Summit will help you achieve your goals by:
Providing all of the tools and incentives necessary to take control of your career including:
- Rigorous on the job and online training programs that prepare you for a career in our industry
- Result-driven and customer-oriented team and work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Monthly profit-sharing
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- High level of technical aptitude.
- One or more year(s) of experience in counter sales at an electrical distributor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Bid Manager and similar programs
- Strong customer service orientation – both external and internal.
- Exceptional follow up skills.
- A strong attention to detail and be well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Time management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete complex tasks with little supervision or guidance.
- Proven “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Unwavering commitment to Summit’s values and mission.
- High school diploma or GED.
Beneficial Skills and Experience to be successful:
- College degree in a business discipline strongly preferred
- Previous experience in the electrical industry.
- Industrial / Refinery experience or education strongly preferred
- Previous successful experience in SAP preferred
- Completion of Bronze, Silver, or Gold of the National Association of Electrical Distributors’ Education Program (EPEC).
- Knowledge of ERP systems, BI reporting tools, Bid Manager, AutoCAD, and other office software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Basic Understanding of One-Line and Ladder diagrams.
- Majority of job (85%+) will be done in an office environment, during regular hours of operation.
- Consistent sitting for hours at a time.
- Consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to lift 5+ pounds on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ability to climb stairs on occasion.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
- customer service