- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
If you love talking to and learning from customers, and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, and motivating and rewarding people, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager. As one of the largest service and support networks in the industry, Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) helps more than one billion customers around the world each year. We deliver technical support to our business customers for our on premise and cloud products and services.
As a member of our team, you will be in the forefront of the Microsoft technologies with interactions across the full spectrum of our products and services, on premise and in the cloud.
You will be surrounded by people that are insatiably curious and always learning, obsessed about our customers, and who believe that world class support is critical to customer success. You will be part of a very diverse team in an inclusive environment, where all opinions are valued.
You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience.
You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are looking for someone who is a lifetime learner and has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership, who has empowered people to help customers succeed.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent.
- Manage and lead a team of Support Engineers and Support Escalation Engineers, with focus on team performance.
- Lead, schedule, and coordinate daily work, meetings, and projects relevant to the team and unit.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery and understanding customer needs around speed, quality and value.
- Regularly meet one-on-one with your direct reports, and conduct employee connects and career development discussions along the year.
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables.
- Be responsible to assess employees? performance based on Microsoft performance management philosophy.
- Ensure your direct reports develop their professional skills through active participation in delivery events, training, mentoring and communities.
- Develop your own management skills through active participation in Delivery and Management Excellence events, training, mentoring and communities.
- Manage high priority escalations as appropriate. Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, escalation teams, field personnel, and ensure robust status communication.
- Engage directly with global counterparts, with field services team and customers to ensure that we continually deliver high quality service and plan for future developments effectively.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and taking necessary actions regarding employee engagement, adoption of corporate core priorities, and priorities execution for your team, and will play a key role in shaping the teams culture to be part of the Microsoft broader culture.
- customer service
About the company
At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way.
Everyone who works here has the power to build on. Those two little words show the way we think. They’re a challenge to go beyond what’s thought possible, and they’re how we help billions of people use technology to get more out of each day.
We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
What can you build on?
Here at Microsoft, you’ll build on your curiosity, your passions and your drive to make a difference.
You’ll have access to world-class tools, some of the industry’s brightest minds and a nearly infinite range of opportunities across a truly global organization. You’ll have the opportunity to build on the company’s wide-ranging accomplishments to do something even more incredible.
You’ll have the freedom to collaborate, explore, set your own rules and take your career wherever you want it to go.
Feel the inspiration that comes from working with wildly talented people and the rush that comes from doing work that makes a lasting impact. Recent projects like HoloLens provide just a glimpse of the remarkable things we will accomplish.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team. Come build on Microsoft’s far-reaching momentum. Build on your career. Build on what we do and how we do it.
Specialties: Business Software, Design Tools, Developer Tools, Entertainment Products, Hardware, Home & Educational Software, Tablets, Search, Advertising, Servers, Windows Operating System, Windows Applications & Platforms, Smartphones, Cloud Computing