- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This person will be responsible for conducting business and data analysis related to PC Risk Analytics processes, documenting current state and developing functional and technical requirements to meet process re-engineering and technology automation objectives in the target state.
The ideal candidate will poses a combination of skills which include business analysis, data flow and data lineage analysis, development of process diagrams and writing detailed specifications, complemented by robust project management abilities to drive execution. While the position will be based in AIG Shanghai office, the individual is expected to collaborate very closely with the Technology program management and development teams based in AIG New York & London office.
Play role of a liaison between the Risk Analytics team and the IT development teams to help document the current business processes and define the target state to meet Technology automation objectives.
Responsible for maintenance and enhancement of a platform of multiple core or complex systems
• Assist with developing, communicating and implementing a technology future state and the roadmap for the economic capital calculations platform.
• Manage development of new features, components and processes to compliment and extend the existing technology platform.
• Maintain and extend system components once they are established in production. This includes managing the software development lifecycle from coordinating changes to testing and documentation.
• Troubleshoot production issues to ensure timely resolution with a high standard of impact analysis and explanation to all relevant parties.
• Identify the availability of risk-related data, analyzing data completeness, objectively determining data accuracy and quality, provide data mapping guidance, performing ad hoc Analysis to support ERM Analytics needs
• Oversee and troubleshoot the technical integration of both proprietary and third party systems.
Collaboration with key stakeholders
• Collaborate with program managers, business leads and other delivery teams to align priorities and ensure plans and status are coordinated and clearly communicated up and down the organization.
The individual must be a self-starter and be able to drive projects to completion under tight timelines and competing priorities.
Collaborate with other systems teams to leverage shared resources and ensure consistency and compatibility of approach, technology and support model.
• Strong business analysis and process re-engineering skills based on experience
• Experience with creating data and process flow diagrams with attention to details
• Ability to breakdown complex business process concepts into integral components
• Ability to translate manual and Excel/VBA based processes into IT specifications for automation in target state
• Strong communication and writing skills with experience documenting and communicating technical requirements, designs and
• Determination in pursuit of process details and engaging relevant contacts to help to get answers
• Hands-on technical background, ideally with IT development and / or SQL background is a plus
• Data analysis and data modeling skills via the use of Excel or other tools is a plus
• Ability to see the big picture and zoom in on the relevant details is a plus
• Experience with Economic Capital and Solvency II capital frameworks a plus
• Experience with commercial BI/ reporting tools a plus
• Experience with Matlab software is a plus
• Well-versed in related concepts of risk management, finance and operations is a plus
• Given the emphasis on collaboration across and within groups, there is a focus on “soft” skills including:
o Strong relationship management skills with proven track record of delivering against projects involving multiple, distributed execution
teams and user groups.
o Effective team player.
o Driven and self-directed.
o Organized with a high attention to detail.
3+ years’ experience in a technology or regulatory environment within a financial services or insurance organizations
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.