- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Data Analyst, Global Operations
About the Role
- The Data Analyst will work with the Business Analyst and System Architect to define, design, develop and implement critical reports and dashboards. The Data Analyst will be responsible for data analysis, report writing and BI dashboard creation. As part of the Global Operations Business Intelligence team, the Data Analyst will create customizedreportsfrom new and existing data sources, enabling both our engineering and business communities with analytics and performance metrics.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Translates business requirements into system and data specifications and guides the System Architect to ensure proper implementation and adherence to standard architecture
- Determines data structure requirements by analyzing operations, applications, and current systems
- Creates standard, custom, and dashboard reports utilizing multiple data sources including data warehouses and transactional systems
- Ensures reports adhere to best practices for data visualization, and fully documents report field definitions, calculations, source systems, etc.
- Defines and collects data for testing purposes; Participates in thorough testing and data validation efforts ensuring timely and accurate results
- Provides support during and after implementation; Logs and helps distinguish between defects and change requests
- Regularly reviews data quality and data consistency in reports or data outputs; Where discrepancies arise, investigates to determine the source of the problem
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Systems or Business disciplines
- Knowledge of relational databases and report writing tools
- Analytical ability to evaluate systems, test data and/or program logic, and determine proper program execution for report writing.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and solve problems related to report writing systems/software.
- Strong technical acumen with Business Intelligence software and tools including the following:
- T-SQL, stred procedures, database functions
- SSRS, Pwer BI, Tableau
- SSAS, SSIS
- MS Excel
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status.
Job Function:Business Management