- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Temporary Contract, Full-time,Brussels CSM
ING BE Application Migration & Data CenterConsolidation Programme is looking for a Senior Data Analyst
ING BEApplication Migration and Data Center Consolidation Programme has the goal to reducecomplexity and maintenance costs. Main part of reaching this goal is to migrateall Belgium hosted applications to the ING Private Cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Analystwith proven knowledge and experience in financial environment, data center andITIL data processing in international project. You are result driven andproactive and you get energy from working in a challenging project, in closeco-operation with the business stakeholders and IT professionals in your agileteam.
Youwork with large and complex data models and large amounts of data. You use dataanalysis tools for queries and analyzes and for defining and correlating data.Organize from this data and present your summaries, dashboards and reports.
As adata analyst you are responsible for the performance and optimization of dataprocesses and data quality.
Dataanalyzes: You analyze for completeness of master and measurement data, trendsand errors in the process. For this you review the standard reports or make thenecessary data available in our database via SQL.
Youprovide (management) reports in the field of data quality and performance
process.Reports can also be requested on an ad hoc basis.
Youhave at least 5 years relevant work experience, with data analysis, processanalysis, functional design, configuration management, etc.
Youhave a thorough knowledge of the following technologies: SQL, PL / SQL,Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, Reporting Service.
Extensiveexperience with analysis in MS Access, MS Excel, SQL, scripting, complex datamodel,
formulas/ macros is a must.
Thefollowing competencies are important:
- analyticaleye for detail structured in a result-oriented way helicopter view proactive Can-domentality team player strong communication skills
- Youhighlight correlation and dependencies between squads within a tribe or acrosstribes, but also other parts of the organization (Center of Expertise or so).
Ensure cross country planning, dependencies management andcoordination
- Froma strategic business & IT context you deliver more detailed migrationroadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps. You manage the size andcomplexity of features in refinement and planning sessions.
- Youare and feel responsible for the end-to-end integration of the planning anddata (scope) integrity.
- Youare and feel responsible for the end-to-end integrated reporting on planningand scope of the Application Migration and DC consolidation.
- Youidentify (and manage) risks and potential issues and offer improvements across teamsand tribes.
- Youidentify and manage dependencies for features and epics across countries and tribes.You know where to find the teams that help the total chain be successful.
- Youreport on progress, value delivery, financials… and make escalations whennecessary.
Your “backpack” shouldcontain:
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knackfor always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring freshideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complexenvironment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and investsin others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and areeager to propose creative solutions to problems.
You arean engineer and understand well how a datacenter works, with overall knowledgefor the Virtualization, Storage, Network, Security & Risk.
As a Data Analyst you will also need:
Skills and competences
- Passionfor IT;
- Strongteam player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to fostercollaboration and individual development;
- Problemsolving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removingimpediments;
- Extremelyresults-oriented, always striving for maximal consumer value as early aspossible;
- Continuousimprovement mindset ;
- Eagerto learn;
- Ability tocommunicate successfully verbally and in writing;
- Ability towork independently;
- Ability tomanage time effectively;
- Ability to beproactive in a constantly changing and complex environment;
- Strongorganizational skills and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Ability toestablish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of thecompany;
- Customerfocused and result driven;
- Team workerand analytical/Agile/Scrum mindset;
- Like to workin teams and in a dynamic international environment;
- Strongco-creation skills like workshop facilitation and constructive feedback loops
- Strongstakeholder management skills
- Ability tochallenge, influence or convince others through fact-based arguments
- Self-disciplined,proactive and organized, with ability to identify what needs to be done
Experience and specializedknowledge
- +5 years’experience with Data Center Infrastructure concepts; (required)
- +5 years’experience of Data Analysis methods and best practices; (required)
- +5 years’experience with Database and Data warehouse concepts; (required)
- +5 years’experience of ITIL V3 (Expert Level); (required)
- +5 years’experience in dealing with (extreme) large data sets with relations; (required)
- +5 years’experience in analyses data to resolve exceptions and ensure that data iscomplete, up to date, and accurate; (required)
- +5 years’experience of Data Center’s components/hardware (firewalls, externalconnections, load balancer, storage, mainframe, x86/power/sparc, etc.);(required)
- Experience indata manipulation via Excel/Access/SQL; (required)
- In depth Knowledgeof the Service Now with CI relations and reports; (required)
- Experiencewith the Agile way of working; (preferred)
- Knowledgewith the modeling of Applications/ApplicationComponents/Interfaces/Middleware/DBMS/Virtual Machines/VM clusters in Pri/pub/hybclouds/storage/network/external connections; (preferred)
- Experiencewith ETL tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS); (preferred)
- Administersthe Configuration Management Database (CMDB), tracking life cycle status of allConfiguration Items, including preparation of bulk data upload forms, datavalidation, monitoring and reconciling changes to the Configuration Items inthe CMDB; (preferred)
- Knowledge andexperience with Service Integration and Management including a broad knowledgeof IT infrastructure and application technologies; (preferred)
- Reportcreation, analysis and publication; (preferred)
- Provision andpublication of the monthly statistics and reports; (preferred)
- Responsiblefor following the proper processes and practices to manage the data in theCMDB; (preferred)
- Liaises withthe wider organization (Data Center Managers, Operational Teams, AssetManagement, Dev/Ops Teams etc.) to ensure data for new Configuration Items anddecommissioning is captured and recorded; (preferred)
Your education and background
- atleast Bachelor's degree, preferably in aComputer Science/Business Process/Financial/Economics study
- Experiencefrom working in high performing Agile IT teams
- Certificationsand/or proven proficiency in one or more technologies requested
- Good writtenand spoken knowledge of English
- 40 hrs / week
- Primary location is Brussels
- Travel to NL required in some cases