- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary ZAR40,000.00 - ZAR90,000.00 gross per year
- East London
Data Analytics Consultants - Analyst, Senior Analyst, Analytics Manager
London - Boutique Consultancy
A greenfield opportunity within an established boutique consultancy with a focus on both technology and innovation has emerged. A number of highly experienced analytics practitioners are building a new analytics practice covering EMEA.
They are currently looking to recruit and build the team from the ground up and have openings at Analyst, Senior Analyst and Analytics Manager level.
In the Analytics group, the work is varied and involves investigating data as well as creating end-to-end solutions to enable clients across industries to identify error, waste and crime. It suits people that enjoy working with vast amounts of real-world data, and combining both enterprise and open-source technology to deliver solutions to fundamental business problems. They are often faced with complex challenges often analyzing 100m+ transactions on a wide range of issues including financial crime related matter, global anti-bribery investigation or internal employee fraud.
A typical client engagement may also include running our own bespoke algorithms or customized scripts to dissect the data and present the findings on a platform which incorporates the latest enterprise grade and open source technology solutions.
- Identifying, acquiring, synthesizing, mining and analyzing relevant data Identifying data relationships among multiple sources and types of data, and organizing this information to facilitate effective data analysis
- Analyzing and interpreting historical financial, operational, and transactional data
- Maintaining detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources utilized during the performance of all analytical tasks
- Preparing written analyses, reports, presentations, and interrogatories for third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities
- Liaise with clients to provide status updates and present analysis results
- Strong degree in a mathematical science related or technical subject
- At least 4 years of experience in a data science related role (or relevant PhD and at least 2 years of professional experience)
- Ability to report technical matters to senior stakeholders
- Required Skills:
- Possess a general understanding of financial, accounting, or banking principles
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills
- Able to produce high quality work product under strict deadlines
- Strong project management skills with an ability to translate user requirements into costed tasks
- Previous experience in consulting, compliance, audit or investigations
- Knowledge of the following technologies: blockchain, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical methods
This is a team forward-thinking and collaborative analytics expert who deliver immediate, meaningful results and long-term transformational advantage to clients. This is an exciting opportunity in a consultancy who heavily invest in developing their staff, and pay generously. The opportunity for your career trajectory is second to none, as this team grows, your career will too.
- Data Analysis
- Forensic Analysis
- data mining