- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications
We strive for excellence in all things we do. We are looking for a Data Center Technician that shares this mindset. A well-planned and well-orchestrated cabling and racking infrastructure is just as important to us as well-engineered trading software. If you are someone who takes pride in what you do, who relentlessly strives for perfection, who gets a kick out of systematizing and organizing your domain, then you’re the person we seek. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical part of our trading infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
You will be in charge of maintaining our co-locations and on-site data center, including but not limited to the following:
- Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in our onsite data center
- Facilitating installation of servers and network equipment with smart hands in remote co-locations
- Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
- Maintaining a consistent and clean cable management philosophy
- Managing cable inventory
- Replacing hard drives/memory/transceivers and other hardware related tasks as required by our server and network teams
- Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
- Getting equipment to and from remote colocations including packing/shipping
- Maintaining data center documentation What you’ll need:
- Experience working in a modern, large-scale data center
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment – SFPs, line cards, chassis
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives, etc..
- Experience with identifying port locations for specific device manufacturers (Cisco, Arista, Juniper)
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Familiarity with both power and communications cabling standards
- Experience configuring and using cable testers for both fiber and copper to troubleshoot cabling issues
- An understanding of change control processes
- Strong documentation mentality What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Next to a great salary and excellent benefits (such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, weekly chair massages and Friday afternoon drinks), you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
When you apply, please provide us with a CV and a cover letter in English. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Alex Lawless at
More information on how Optiver Europe processes your personal data can be found in our.
- structured cabling