- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role is a hands-on opportunity to develop and grow Group i3 by managing various data work streams within the global team. The job will involve proactive and reactive elements to identify, assess and action financial crime risk exposures using data analytics. The role holder will be required to develop data strategies to support investigation and intelligence work as well as managing data access, controls and enhancement projects. In addition, the successful candidate will keep abreast of emerging global financial crime risks, report on these to relevant stakeholders and develop data strategies to measure the bank's exposure to the risks. Previous financial crime experience is not a pre-requisite for applicants
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, this candidate will have the opportunity of working with the Head of Intelligence, Group i3 in building out a professional business model and platform for behavioural and strategic analysis.
• The primary role will be to develop the Group's data analytics capability. This will include managing a data lake, developing queries to extract the data to match certain financial crime profiles, manipulating data to identify financial crime patterns and developing training to upskill other members of staff.
• Translate business requirements into technical requirements in order to develop and build machine learning risk models and interpret results to senior stakeholders.
• Develop unit to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders.
• Data mine and analyze potential hot spots for control cases to be further examined and assessed for potential threats. This includes ensuring that any findings are categorically substantiated and rated.
• Active interaction, support and relationship management of lateral peer groups across region. This involves working with local FCC teams, FCC management as well as other business peer groups to ensure buy in on topics and issues.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
• Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOls to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
• Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
• Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML, Sanctions and ABC.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
• Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports (if applicable) to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
• Promote and embed a culture of openness and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
• Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
• Collaborate to input to FCC i3 training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
• Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
• Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on identified data-related risks and/or findings of concerns identified.
• Inform senior management of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
• Identify intelligence for typology studies and risk mitigation plans.
• Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies based on data analysis.
• Attend relevant FCC i3 & other meetings.
• Design, document and execute a controls governance process for the i3 data lake.
• Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Head, Group i3
• Head, Strategic Intelligence, Group i3
• FCC Controls, Data Strategy
• System/tool owners
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Group i3
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
• A Bachelor's degree. Professional qualifications in a quantitative discipline would be an advantage.
• Experience with the following data manipulation software: SQL (Oracle/SQL Server/Teradata/Hive). Experience with Python and Tableau is an advantage but not a necessity.
• Proven ability to autonomously upskill in new technologies.
• Machine learning techniques; data mining skills; experience in using similar type tools or software; as well as experience working with a Hadoop / Hadoop as a Service infrastructure are advantages.
• Other related Data Management experience in Data Governance, Data Standards documentation, Master Data Management and Data Integration.
• Good knowledge of IT systems and Bank IT infrastructure would be an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal skills. An ability to get along well with others and to build networks and relationships.
• Previous experience as a Senior Analyst in a in risk management role. Having similar experience and/or applicability of experience to Financial Crime risk and intelligence gathering is an advantage.
• Excellent communication and business writing skills and confident in briefing senior key stakeholders.
• Previous experience in any aspect of financial crime or a regulated profession would be an advantage.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.