- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Belgium - Flemish Brabant, Leuven
AECOM Belgium is currently looking for a Design Lead to coordinate the design and permitting trajectory of our global client's Retail Project, following all end-to-end stages. As a Design Lead you will report to the Design Manager Benelux and act as the bridge between Design Services and Construction Services on Project level.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Doing design work for multiple projects.
- Coordinate the design and engineering disciplines during the entire life cycle of the Project.
- Manage team members of the local Design Services Business Units in The Netherlands and AECOM Romania office.
- Acting as single point of contact for the Project Manager during the project.
- Performs various responsibilities for a specific technical group or department.
- Has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Generally requires multi-disciplinary knowledge of architecture.
- Plans and develops architectural tasks concerned with unique or controversial problems. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Maintains liaison with units within the organization and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field. Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience.
- Works under minimal supervision. Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Supervises group of architects and/or designers, coordinating activities of the unit.
The candidate will be expected to display a range of competencies, both behavioural and technical in undertaking the role. These include areas such as: project and design programming skills.
- Experience in development and implementation of design management tools and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercial awareness of projects.
- Technical knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office
- Evidence of these being displayed will be reviewed as part of the Performance Review process and training and development needs agreed as appropriate.
- Very good or professional knowledge of the Dutch, French and English language both spoken and written.
- Architectural background (5+ years) or an equivalent industry standard qualification that demonstrates an understanding of the design process.
- Subscription to the Belgian "Orde van Architecten".
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230535BR
Additional Locations NL - Den Haag - Oude Middenweg 17
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.