- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast, up-and-coming office! Home to the most hospitable people you will meet, our extremely capable team of Beijing based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
The Airbnb Policy Digital team is going to help define and lead the conversation about the benefits of home sharing around the world. Using a variety of content (from narrative profiles of our community, to data driven reports, and communication/media oriented digital tools), distributed in targeted channels (social media, email, paid media), the Digital team is going to amplify the policy message to influential audiences and drive real results. Great candidates for the Digital Content Producer roles will thrive at the intersection of creating innovative, measurable content and using digital strategy to advance the goals of Airbnb Policy.
- Manage public policy digital programs in China.
- Act as point person for all policy-related digital content
- Work closely with the Policy team to understand the government landscape and cross functionally with the Community, Marketing, and Comms teams to amplify and advance the business.
- Execute a content strategy that distributes news to, and about, our community and informs the government and public about the benefits of home sharing.
- Find creative and cost-effective ways to tell the story of the Airbnb community
- Develop social media and targeting strategies for China Public Policy and Comms teams to advance legitimization in China.
- Lead day-to-day content creation.
- Find creative ways to identify and feature good stories online
- Produce all the campaign digital content for the China region.
- Interviewing hosts
- Writing and editing blog posts as well as copy/messaging for emails, WeChat, Weibo, and other social media platforms
- Building digital tools (video, economic reports, event RSVPs, etc)
- Designing or assisting with graphic design for physical leave behinds including pamphlets, guest guides, and other physical visual content.
- Posting and engaging on Chinese social media (Weibo, WeChat) and building these channels as needed.
- Track and manage all internal approvals before publishing
- Build pages, query target audiences, schedule and send email
- Engage frequently with actionable data and analytics.
- Understand and analyse key metrics to measure effectiveness
- Use these insights to optimize future digital content
- Educate and train the local Airbnb community.
- Train staff on how to use digital organizing tools to further our policy message
- Interact with Hosts and Guests at events, and engage them to get involved online
- 5+ years experience creating content
- web / campaign / video content experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of China’s digital and social media landscape with 3+ years of professional working experiences in this field.
- “Digital Swiss Army Knife” - we are a scrappy team, so the Content Producer will need to put a variety of creative skills to good use
- Be a great Producer - understand all the elements and steps needed to create great content, with the ability to jump into any aspect of content creation
- Incredible attention to detail, but the ability to see the bigger picture
- Great writing skills, with the ability to work on a variety of content including
- Emails to our community
- Narrative blog posts
- Social media posts
- Reports and impact studies, etc.
- A visual eye
- Produce visual content within the Airbnb Brand Guidelines from graphics to videos
- Graphic design, photography, videography, or editing skills are a big plus.
- Experience creating content in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Lightroom) a big plus
- Digital Media, policy/government, and/or marketing campaign experience is a plus
- Video Production experience is a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a big plus (native proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, fluency in English required.)
- Internet Savvy - knowledge of current digital media trends and web best practices in China
- Community Oriented - excited to meet the home sharing community, tell their story, and share with government and key policy influencers
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a cross functional, multi-tasking work environment while producing the highest calibre work product under deadlines
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, creative and sometimes stressful environment.
- Innovator and Creator
If you're having trouble uploading your application, don't worry, here are some steps to reach us!
- Draft your email with the subject line: //
- Send that email to: firstname.lastname@example.org