- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Director, Business Efficiency and Productivity About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
KL-based member of the Business Efficiency & Productivity (BE&P) team within the Business Efficiency Programme Management Office.
Responsible for assisting the SG-based BE&P team in all aspects of running a group-wide programme to deliver on the Bank's strategic priorities and agenda by providing strong analytical and reporting capabilities.
The Role Responsibilities
Set up a strong BE&P analytics and reporting support in GBS
- Develop and manage end-to-end performance analytics mechanism linked with business efficiency, productivity KPIs globally appropriately aligned to the Corporate plan and business strategic priorities
- Work with business and functions GBS reporting teams to proactively determine appropriate metric definitions and data sources
- Lead alignment across definitions and sourcing of performance metrics among businesses/functions
- Prepare regular and ad hoc BE&P reporting for MT / MBRs / Board meetings and external disclosure (IR) requirements
- Conduct research to identify appropriate benchmarking (internal and external) for key KPIs and provide key insights into industry best practices
- Develop and deliver five new, insightful and low-maintenance dashboards annually
Support central BE&P strategic deep dives for select businesses/functions/regions
- Identify and provide appropriate data analytics to address the problem statement for the select deep dives
- Work on all modelling and analytics requests in support of any special situations involvement
- Analyse data to identify underlying trends and improvement opportunities
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure successful completion of deep dive analysis and reporting deliverables
- Coordinate, Monitor and track progress on key initiatives and deadlines
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and tracking on all action items
Coordinate and project manage BEP related reporting automation projects
- Coordinate and ensure end-to-end delivery of an appropriate reporting automation solution, inc. vendor(s) selection, UI (user interface) design, BRD (business requirement document) and UAT (user acceptance testing) and UVT (user verification testing) support
- Drive and manage short, medium (tactical) and long-term (strategic) approaches for the automation of reporting
- Ensure alignment of BE&P reporting solutions with other digital MI initiatives (e.g. digital scorecards)
- Coordinate and project manage the entire automation investment process from PED preparation to approval and tracking offline (meetings, PSCs, PRCs etc.) as well as online (Clarity).
Develop and manage a small BE&P analytics team
- Hire, manage and develop a small team of BE&P business analysts (BA) in KL
- Ensure timely and high quality of analytics and reporting output from the BAs
- Ensure no lapse in confidentiality and governance standards
Our Ideal Candidate
Competencies (knowledge & skills):
- Strong work ethic
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Group and its businesses and functions
- Industry knowledge of best in class reporting, analytics and visualisation techniques
- Extensive experience in performing financial analytics
- Understanding of Group data environment
- Programme Management skills to undertake and supervise/monitor multiple projects
- A collaborator who can be firm when needed whilst working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision making
- Proactive, Responsible and Reliable, Initiative-taker
- An ability to quickly understand and synthesise complex, fast moving issues
- Strong technical and bank's financial and reporting systems navigation skills
- Superior time management and output delivery skills
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: University educated, preferred
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations; n/a
- Professional Memberships: n/a
- Bank training: Familiarity with the bank's existing systems and frameworks will be preferred.
- Languages: English
- Others: Familiarity in Python, SQL and Taleo advantageous
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- ms project