- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Director, Payments Markets Development, China Company & department description
The SWIFT China strategy seeks to accelerate the growth of the China market at SWIFT by expanding reach and connectivity and growing end points for the SWIFT network across the China financial community. Furthermore, we seek to optimise products and services to support the local China market and RMB internationalisation and to engage with the community of regulators, SWIFT user group and other institutions to ensure pervasive understanding of SWIFT business, financial messaging and global standards.
We are seeking a Director, Payments Markets Development, China, reporting to the Head of Payments Markets, Asia Pacific. The Payments team delivers the strategy, plans and in-depth expertise to accelerate our market share and revenue in payments markets, across the Asia Pacific region. The Payments team is part of the Markets & Initiatives Asia Pacific team and works closely with the Asia Pacific Commercial Sales, Communications and Services teams towards an aligned set of objectives. The team is the primary interface with the SWIFT global marketing, platforms and product organisation.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and driving our payments markets development activities in China. The role will focus on building strategic direction for the China payments market based on extensive insight development and engagement with key stakeholders such as payment and settlement system operators, new payment entrants and broadly across the China payments ecosystem. The role works extensively with the China team and maintains a dotted line reporting to the China Markets head.
- Develop and execute China's payments strategy and plans in China by understanding the competition, market trends, and the changing operating environment in China particularly as it relates to payment ecosystem development and new entrants.
- Drive payments markets initiatives in China through extensive collaboration across the SWIFT business in Asia Pacific (particularly Commercial and Services teams) and with the SWIFT Global Marketing group to
- Initiate, own and lead projects, campaigns and initiatives that drive increased relevance, revenue and market share
- Experience - ideally 10+ years' experience in payments or transaction banking services, preferably gained in a marketing, strategy, consulting or product management role in China
- Project leadership - proven record of working in cross-functional teams and delivering complex commercial projects
- Strong internal and external relationship building and networking skills are expected for this role.
- Communicates key messages clearly, succinctly and with confidence: has impact.
- Well established relationships with financial market infrastructures and within the China payments ecosystem (e.g. payment networks, commercial banks) will be highly regarded.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and across geographies and teams
- Exceptional formal problem solving and strategic skills and mindset based on a sound understanding of the needs and behaviours of key customer segments
- ms project