- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Director, Production AssuranceWhat is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. Malaysia is one of two operational processing hubs that supports Custody - Transaction Management; Settlements; NAV Production; Fund Reporting; Shareholder Services; Global Fund Platform Services; Data Service Delivery; Entitlements - income and corporate actions and Reconciliations. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability. The objectives for Malaysia are to enhance the scalability of our global operations, improve service quality via our 'centres of excellence' and to implement/leverage standard processes globally.
The role in general will be responsible on;
- Cross functional change agent defining the 'end state' of the Operations
- Owner of risk mitigation and control for cross projects
- Key driver in up-skilling and knowledge preservation post change
- Lead for system enhancement and continuous process improvements
What will you do?
- Change Leadership on Cross functional implementation
- Have clear understanding of the change and impact to all the respective departments in Client Operations Malaysia.
- Attend the respective Steer-Cos and ensure Co-Head of Client Operations Malaysia / Managing Director, Asia Pacific are continuously informed of any arising risk noted on the roll out plans.
- Define the "End State" of Operations considering the upstream / downstream impact of changes resulted by each projects.
- Technical & Business Support
- Review preparedness and ensure all aspects of business - Process/Administration/Risk/BCP framework are assessed against the change being rolled-out.
- Communicate across the Malaysia Leadership team on challenges and lesson learnt are used in the subsequent implementation cross projects.
- Articulate risk and potential issues arising from any identified gaps in cross projects.
- Up-skilling and knowledge preservation
- Identify the required training and skill set which is required by the Operational teams post implementation, to maximize benefits of the implementations.
- Create roadmap to ensure knowledge of the post implementations and changes are retained in the centralized depository.
- System Enhancements and Continuous Process Improvements
- Create and manage a log system of the issue faced by the operations teams post implementation and collaborate with project teams to design the required enhancements.
- Establish a process improvements framework to ensure manual workarounds are identified and continuous process improvement is in place to continue the improving the workflows.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in the Financial industry with good business acumen, in which includes sound technical knowledge/experience in the Securities Services industry which typically encompass the Custody, Transfer Agency & Fund/Trust Services.
- Experienced in managing project implementation and understanding the natural progression of a project, from planning to implementation.
- Proven change management experience with sound planning and organization as well as managements skills.
- Self motivated, confident, Innovative and an effective communicator with strong people and stakeholders management skills.
- Experience in managing a mid to big team.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and country specific accounting standards).
- Knowledgeable in geography's regulatory environment.
- Macro / VBA / Coding skills.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A worldclass training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
- ms project